JuiceDefender/UltimateJuice Save your battery life by upto 2X!

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh ok lol thanks for clarifying, I don't know too much about 3G/APN stuff lol. I guess your right you could just set all apps to manually get updates. The app is a bit more convnient in that regard imo, lol but I guess to each his/her own lol :)

Yeah, it's the master data switch I suppose, because the default for most apps is to just keep pushing data like a monster. I only push exchange mail during work hours while gmail lacks that option.

I wonder how programs would fare though if you had them on a timer pull (every 30 min), then JuiceDefender would really screw things up... assuming your program pulls when juice defender doesn't turn on data for a 3 min window.. heh. It would be pretty funny.

I'm waiting for that 2G/3G widget to work for the Droid though.

THere was a post on that a couple posts back it talked about "lazy" apps or something. From the tone of the explanation it didn't seem like it would be problem unless the code for syncing wasn't written properly.

OP
nphil

nphil

Reaction score
Yeah I can see how switching to just edge might save battery in your case. I have a lot of apps that request data periodically with no settings to control, so it's quite useful for me. Like for instance my weather app, newsreaders, IM apps etc

Also about the apps that request data on a timer pull, I remember the dev saying that it depends on the app in question- some are coded so as to "hold" off from bugging the os for network connectivity until a valid internet connection is detected again, while some are not. Once you get back online, the app gets to sync data.

Last edited:

xliderider

Reaction score
Seems to work on my Droid running a 2.1 ROM, but I get the following error in Juice Defender on my wife's Eris running 2.1: "Error: No APN Found"

Any ideas why?