JT's Asop ICS rom 11/18!

soulshot96

Reaction score
JT's Asop ICS rom 11/28

I just flashed this and its freakin amazing! And its only the second build! I'll post a link in a moment...and some intructions.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

OP
soulshot96

soulshot96

Reaction score
Here's the OP.
jt1134 said:
Now that ICS source is available, it's time to get to work :D

Please find below a link to an Extreme ALPHALULZ AOSP ICS build for the Samsung Fascinate. It's built entirely from AOSP/Samsung source code and Samsung binaries. Nothing from the SDK in here :D Don't expect things to work, and don't PM me or something if they don't, I'm observant enough to know what's wrong :p

Thanks to syndtr for some kernel patches and other files that made some of this much easier.

What works:
Radio (Calls / 3G / SMS/MMS)
WiFi (have to manually add networks, very flaky ATM)
BT (pairs with my headset and works for calls, not sure about a2dp, etc)
Orientation sensors
GPS
capacitive buttons
sdcard

What doesn't work:
camera/camcorder
video playback
USB mass storage
signal strength bars
reboot recovery (have to use 3-finger method to get into recovery)

This is an MTD based build, however I have redone the MTD partition layout to have a larger system partition. Because of this, even if you are on an MTD ROM, flash back to a BML ROM using Odin/Heimdall before flashing, AND afterwards, when switching to another ROM. REGARDLESS of what ROM you are going back to, unless you are flashing from a previous version of my ICS ROMs.

ICS Google apps are packaged with the ROM, so you can kinda play around with it. It's still just an experimental build, so don't be surprised if things don't work.

All code for everything contained in the ROM is available on my github, as always. PLEASE USE IT AND FIX IT AND SEND PULL REQUESTS THANK YOU :D

http://k.22aaf3.com/...nate-1116-2.zip
*** Update 11/28 ***
fixed Camera
enabled HW accel
fixed video playback
fixed Superuser
stable wifi
USB fixes for MTP/Camera mode
fixed 3g/wifi signal bars
fixed data usage tracker
fixed a2dp
updated Google apps (should fix calendar sync, youtube, dictionary, etc)
HUGE THANKS to pawitp and teamhacksung for most of these fixes!

http://k.22aaf3.com/...jt1134-1128.zip - v3 ROM

Enjoy!

OP
soulshot96

soulshot96

Reaction score
If your on a BML rom flash ics in recovery with the usual wipe data/chache/dalvik and it should work fine if MTD use intructions provided above. Also after flashing you will has superuser but it will not work you will need to update your binaries. Download this http://downloads.androidsu.com/superuser/su-bin-3.0.3-efgh-signed.zip and flash it in 3 finger recovery. You should have root after reboot.

OP
soulshot96

soulshot96

Reaction score
All credit goes to JT1134 for this rom. I'm just posting it up for you guys.

OP
soulshot96

soulshot96

Reaction score
Here's some screens.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1322426535840.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1322426535840.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 686
  • uploadfromtaptalk1322426551715.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1322426551715.png
    133.6 KB · Views: 593
  • uploadfromtaptalk1322426577680.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1322426577680.png
    196 KB · Views: 633
  • uploadfromtaptalk1322426588391.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1322426588391.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 726
OP
soulshot96

soulshot96

Reaction score
Updated link for newer version.

OP
soulshot96

soulshot96

Reaction score
Wow the fascinate forum must either be dead or everyone has packed up and moved to another site without telling me.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Reaction score
No they just updated to a new phone, lol. I have one of these and giving it a go. I like the phone it is fast for what it is and stable.:biggrin:

Jamis0n

Reaction score
I'm still here =]... I'll never give up on the fascinate for sure.

Edit:
After running over the thread, I am kinda saddened to see everyone leave or fed up with this phone, But I'm happy to see there are moderators and a few passionate users still here.

May we band together one last time for ICS and its glory.

Ics 4.0.1 by jt1134

Reaction score
My daughter ended up with the phone and loves it. ICS seems to still be running good, ill see how long till she screws it up. Lol.

"But WHY THE RUM?!!"

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
I finally managed to get Verizon to give me another Fascinate after the incident with that steam roller, haha. Anyway, Im glad to see some Love for the Fascinate still. Gonna be trying this cause I miss my root and tinkering with my phone. Hopefully I wont have any issues. If anyone knows of any updates can you please post them here? Greatly appreciate all everyone has done and continue to do to support this phone. Merry Christmas everyone

OP
soulshot96

soulshot96

Reaction score
i upgraded to a nexus and im loving it! But anyway jt updated his rom and changed the name. You can find it at rootzwiki and ill update the op soon.

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
i upgraded to a nexus and im loving it! But anyway jt updated his rom and changed the name. You can find it at rootzwiki and ill update the op soon.

Thanks Soul, I dont know what I did wrong but its currently stuck on manual mode and wont even boot up properly. Currently downloading the stock files so I can use Heimdall and see if I can recover it and after that I'll give it another shot. otherwise Ill wait until after I get the TF Prime to upgrade to the Nexus