Joined forum and email was hacked

LDB415

Reaction score
I joined these forums and within an hour or so got a ton of not deliverable messages plus an email from one of my email accounts to my other email account with nothing but a link to some .ru website. What's wi your forums that new users get hacked?

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
how do u know its from the forum? this is a very respectable place and I highly doubt it has anything to do with our forum itself.

Droid 2 Global / Xoom... Aloha from Hawaii

OP
L

LDB415

Reaction score
I don't know but I do know I haven't done anything else today that introduced anything new to my iPad. It may be coincidence but it's strange it was less than an hour after joining.

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Very respectable place here. Must be a coincidence. Very strange

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
My guess is that if this forum was responsible for hassling your iPad, that the forum would be hacking hundreds of others phones, pads and puters. That I have not heard of that complaint ever being made about this forum, that it is not this forum but something else on your pad. And you might want to be aware that you could go to a website, download something, open an email, get a virus and it could be a week before you the damage presents itself. You need probably need to reformat your pad or take it someplace to have it fixed.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Oops, excuse the swypos (typos) but you get the idea. I think my swype was hacked!

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Sorry ur having issues but I know without a very secure WiFi a hacker can find a way to tap in. Its not a fun thing I know, but if u feel something has gotten thru delete ur emails and of course chg ur pswd very often.

Droid2Global/Xoom...the hawaiian style

OP
L

LDB415

Reaction score
I can't remember when I last installed something new. I don't click links in emails. I don't know what might have caused it. Just commenting that it happened within an hour of registering.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know but I do know I haven't done anything else today that introduced anything new to my iPad. It may be coincidence but it's strange it was less than an hour after joining.

Ipad...
Case closed....
Droid does

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score

Ipad...
Case closed....
Droid does

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum

LOL...yes iPad is the culprit. those damn Apples! LOL

Droid 2 Global / Xoom... Aloha from Hawaii