Jellybean on Rezound!

flamewalker

Reaction score
No, for stock Jb I had to use picspeed wallpaper app to be able set a static background. But even then when closing an app or sometimes just for no apparent reason the phone would glitch and the wallpaper would end up zoomed in and I would have to reset it again. No problems since I installed goLauncher ex free tho.

OP
Bpowder33

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Oh nice, I was gonna say just try another launcher.
Also, just for the other little glitchy things try wiping cache and dalvik cache in recovery and when you reboot it'll run through the whole android is upgrading thing again with all your apps now installed. I like do this periodically and it keeps things running smooth for me.

flamewalker

Reaction score
It's mostly system.ui crashing and messaging.ui... Sometimes it doesn't even crash it just flashes a little oddly, like the notification bar at the top. Hard to explain. It's not frequent... Has made me restart once. Other than that it's been pretty good!

flamewalker

Reaction score
Cleared the caches like you suggested, and thus far it does seem to be a little more stable.

OP
Bpowder33

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Cleared the caches like you suggested, and thus far it does seem to be a little more stable.

Nice.. I finally took a minute and updated to the global RUU, as recommended, loaded up the newest release and things are really smooth. Having Google now on my home lock screen is pretty slick. Just the ability to have all my favorite widgets on lock screens is freaking awesome and very convenient. I only use one home screen now in apex launcher with folders organizing my apps and a couple widgets not available on lock screens yet. Only glitch I keep finding in these ROM's is when I don't manually stop music from playing through blue tooth it likes to freeze up the Google music app and I have to go into settings and force close it. Other than that things are solid.

flamewalker

Reaction score
You mean you loaded the global ruu to get the latest firmware before loading Jb? I'm probably about due to update my build... Been a few weeks now... Dreading redoing all my settings again tho...

OP
Bpowder33

Bpowder33

Reaction score
You mean you loaded the global ruu to get the latest firmware before loading Jb? I'm probably about due to update my build... Been a few weeks now... Dreading redoing all my settings again tho...

I was still on the official ics radios and hboot running JB before. Read in the OP it was recommended to be on the global RUU radios and hboot so I updated. Set up wasn't too bad really. You can always try wiping caches and dirty flashing.

Xander Crews

Reaction score
It kinda sucks that phones that came out months before the Rezound, and aren't as powerful or impressive as the Rezound, have been announced publicly to be in line for Jelly Bean.

:angry:

OP
Bpowder33

Bpowder33

Reaction score
It kinda sucks that phones that came out months before the Rezound, and aren't as powerful or impressive as the Rezound, have been announced publicly to be in line for Jelly Bean.

I agree it Sux, and even if they do upgrade to official jb it would probably be a 4.1.2 version like the razor which doesn't even support my new favorite feature of having lock screen widgets.
Glad there's a strong dev community for this phone or would have jumped ship by now.

rbw62

Reaction score

The reason they will not update the Rezound is: it is a rock solid phone! Prob the best till late last year.
If it had JB on it, people would keep using it for another year or 2, thereby not upgrading and Mnfc would loose $$ in process. That is reason.

Sent from Batcave

Xander Crews

Reaction score
The reason they will not update the Rezound is: it is a rock solid phone! Prob the best till late last year.
If it had JB on it, people would keep using it for another year or 2, thereby not upgrading and Mnfc would loose $$ in process. That is reason.

Sent from Batcave

That reason may factor in somewhat, but I doubt that is the main reason.
The main reason IMO is spending time on a JB update only costs them money, and HTC isn't in a position right now to be spending money on things that don't make them money. They are struggling right now.
If the Rezound was a Motorola device, it would have been announced that it was getting JB already seeing as a couple Motorola phones older than the Rezound and less impressive, have been announced as in line to get JB.

I would consider rooting it and flashing a JB rom, or whatever the term is, but I hear that the rom isn't perfect in that taking video doesn't work, along with a couple other things that don't work right.
I don't want to switch to JB if I can't use my camcorder or a couple other things.

I'm very happy with ICS, but it just really bugs me something better is out there that we should have and would be great on the Rezound, but HTC just says no.

maximum

Reaction score
That reason may factor in somewhat, but I doubt that is the main reason.
The main reason IMO is spending time on a JB update only costs them money, and HTC isn't in a position right now to be spending money on things that don't make them money. They are struggling right now.
If the Rezound was a Motorola device, it would have been announced that it was getting JB already seeing as a couple Motorola phones older than the Rezound and less impressive, have been announced as in line to getting JB.

I'm very happy with ICS, but it just really bugs me something better is out there that we should have and would be great on the Rezound, but HTC just says no.

I agree. Since they got downgraded by their suppliers that ought to tell use they want sales and not customer support.

OP
Bpowder33

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Newest build of CM10.1 fixes video tearing for those interested. :)