Jellybean 4.2? can anyone tell me what the diff is btw 4.1

bohemouth

Reaction score
I was reading news about Android 4.2 and I thought I would go to the forum and find out from those more savvy than I in the ways of Androidism. What is the difference between 4.1 and 4.2 do i need to update or can i keep 4.1 that i have already. What is it?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
4.2 for RAZR HD on Verizon hasn't even been announced yet... to my knowledge. I wouldn't bet on it being here any time soon.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

KaChow

Reaction score
More than likely this 4.2 version of Jelly Bean is going to completely skip over our XT926, feel free to see it in post #2. I'll take his word for it. However on the other-hand and with all the rumors that started spreading late Sept/Oct it looks as though the Razr HD/HD Maxx will be seeing Key Lime Pie 4.2.2 by Q3. Which rumor as it stands until Motorola announces publicly, but by-passing 4.2 makes logical sense (slight camera and phone/tablet features imo). I like the look of the below Moto Nexus Razr X, looks nice (wonder if it will be easy to unlock.)

Rumor mill outs DROID RAZR X, Motorola Nexus, and Android 4.2 Key Lime Pie | Android Community

Below are the authorizations an unauthorized/pending of Motorola phones to receive android 4.2.2 (code name) Key Lime Pie

-Droid RAZR X: Authorized Reason: Being shipped with 4.2.2
-Motorola Nexus: Authorized Reason: Being shipped with 4.2.2
-Droid RAZR i: Authorized Reason: Pushing 4.2.2 out between Q3 and Q4 2013
-Droid RAZR HD/MAXX: Authorized Reason: Pushing out 4.2.2 between Q3 and Q4 2013
-Droid RAZR M: Authorized Reason: pushing out 4.2.2 between early Q3 and Q4 2013
-Droid RAZR MAXX: Authorized/Subject to change Reason: Support time frame may not support 4.2.2 estimated push date late Q2 2013
-Droid 4: Authorized/Subject to change Reason: Support time frame may not support 4.2.2 estimated push date early Q3 2013
-Droid RAZR: Pending Authorization Reason: Support time frame may not support 4.2.2 estimated push date mid Q2 2013
-Droid Bionic Pending Authorization Reason: Support time frame may not support 4.2.2 estimated push date mid Q2 2013

The above documents have be reviewed and authorized/Pending authorization and are subject to change by VP product Management.”

If these times are correct then the Razr (non-HD) would see 4.2.2 in Q2. Wouldn't a Moto Nexus launch before? Just a thought.