Jelly Bean Update - Unsafe Volume Warning and Clock

theblackabbot

Reaction score
I pulled the OTA update today. While driving home my volume suddenly dropped markedly while listening to an audio book. I thought it was just the book, but it was actually some warning that the phone had reduced the volume because of unsafe levels. Has anyone else seen this Unsafe Volume Warning? How do you stop this from happening? If it continues, it will be very annoying.

Also, the Clock. How do you access the timer and stopwatch features now? When I open the Clock, all I can do is set alarms. I don't see any timer or stopwatch or worldtime or anything.

Any ideas about these two items?

Thanks!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yep, the volume thing happened to me too. I don't know (yet) how to stop it.

I also don't know of a timer or stopwatch feature on the stock android clock now.

sspartan

Reaction score
The way i was able to stop the unsafe volume feature is to freeze the AcousticWarning App. It is a system app and I think you would need root access to stop.

fireman00

Reaction score
the volume warning kicked in when I went out for a run today, the volume was turned up all the way, the accoustic warning cut the volume to 50%.

the alarm clock/ timer was replaced by "clock" which has an alarm feature, I need a timer (for grilling) so I wound up downloading "StopWatch" .

MaxxFordham

Reaction score
So you do still care, then.

Who knows. I really could care less about the clock...

OK, cool, so you do care about the clock at least a little, then, since "could care less" gives you some room that you could go lower before you didn't care anymore, unlike the popular opposite phrase, "couldn't care less."