Jabra Speakerphone - Anyone?

tah

Reaction score
Costco has the new Jabra SP715 (not even on the Jabra site yet!) for $69.99 and includes an AC Charger which I believe is usually an accessory.

Anyhow, looks like you can use this thing to stream Pandora or Slacker through the Jabra to your FM and listen to Internet radio, take a phone call and the music is muted.

Little confused on the specs. Looks like it supports caller ID and caller announce if your phone is compatible. I know we don't have Bluetooth dial yet, sure as heck hope that's coming!

I was hoping someone with a little more Bluetooth knowledge than myself (won't take a WHOLE lot:)) could look at some of the specs and tell me what to expect in the way of performance/disappointments?

Thanks in advance.........

Here's some specs on an eBay listing,

NEW JABRA Cruiser SP715 Bluetooth Car Speakerphone MORE - eBay (item 170418002576 end time Jan-07-10 20:19:36 PST)

coolkidd

Reaction score
Costco has the new Jabra SP715 (not even on the Jabra site yet!) for $69.99 and includes an AC Charger which I believe is usually an accessory.

Anyhow, looks like you can use this thing to stream Pandora or Slacker through the Jabra to your FM and listen to Internet radio, take a phone call and the music is muted.

Little confused on the specs. Looks like it supports caller ID and caller announce if your phone is compatible. I know we don't have Bluetooth dial yet, sure as heck hope that's coming!

I was hoping someone with a little more Bluetooth knowledge than myself (won't take a WHOLE lot:)) could look at some of the specs and tell me what to expect in the way of performance/disappointments?

Thanks in advance.........

Been looking for this as well.... But I do not have Costco membership :mad:

OP
T

tah

Reaction score
Well I bought the Jabra. Seems to work OK through my FM.

One problem I have to sort is how to get my music "streaming" through the Bluetooth. Jabra supports this but my audio is coming through in chunks, kind of choppy if you will.

Sounds like 1/2 second of music, 1 second of silence, another 1/2 second of music...........on and on.

Read in a Sprint Pre forum where a user of the previous model (Jabra Cruiser SP700) said he "figured out a way" to get Pandora streaming.

Now I need to find this "way" to get it working. May have to call Jabra support tomorrow. They have NOTHING about this model on their site yet.

OP
T

tah

Reaction score
Might have jumped the gun a little on this issue.........maybe just needed a good charge on the Jabra.

Have the Jabra charging in the kitchen. Turned the Droid on, activated Bluetooth. Turned the Jabra on and it paired with the Droid. Turned on the FM function on the Jabra. Opened and started Pandora.

Then........went to my ofiice stereo and tuned it to the FM frequency of the Jabra. Now I'm listening to Pandora through my home stereo.

My OLD stuff, vintage Sansui Quad receiver bi-amping a pair of Wharfedale Pacific 40 towers. Sounds pretty damn good!

I'm going to check this out in the car later and will keep everyone posted. This could be a great way to handle music and calls in the car. Then when (?) voice dial comes along I'll be completely setup!