It's legal now!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Its been legal for a while. But being legal does not mean they have to allow it or make it easy.

I'm not saying it was aliens...bit it was aliens.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Also just because it's legal doesn't mean that you won't break your ToS with your carrier if you root. Technically they can still void your contract or refuse a warranty exchange for a rooted device if they deem it necessary.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Also just because it's legal doesn't mean that you won't break your ToS with your carrier if you root. Technically they can still void your contract or refuse a warranty exchange for a rooted device if they deem it necessary.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

So I shouldn't walk in to a vzw store and announce that my phone is rooted?! :p

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This is fresh from my guy at vzw...

You will soon be able to pay 10$ per month for full device insurance, an unlock code for any device on their network... it will still be stuck on vzw's network,but you can remove bloat..

And you will also get dedicated tech support... in other words you will always be talking to Joe in Nebraska.. not whomever you can get a hold of...

He could be wrong.. but this is how he explained it to me.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Unless you're mattyp :D

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

LMAO I didn't announce it, I got busted when the girl powered up my phone with a new SIM card and the little notification popped up saying "SetCPU has been granted Superuser permissions" ... but she was cool about it LOL :icon_eek:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
LMAO I didn't announce it, I got busted when the girl powered up my phone with a new SIM card and the little notification popped up saying "SetCPU has been granted Superuser permissions" ... but she was cool about it LOL :icon_eek:

She must have liked your race car?! :p:D