Its finally here .... its finally been done. Come and get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks CVPCS (copied with his permission from here:[ROM][BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for the Droid X )

[ROM][BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for the Droid X

I announce the first BETA of CyanogenMod for Droid X here on RootzWiki, this is complete and utter magic. I will be supporting this build here due to the process involved and I cannot be in 11 places at once.

The first thing you will need to do is go to this thread and downgrade to FroYo for Droid X due to only having v2.6.32 kernel support. Downgrade THREAD

After you have installed and flashed the 2.3.34 SBF you will need to do the following:

Install and root using Z4Root here:
MIRROR 1

Then Install the bootstrapper:
MIRROR 1

Here is the CM7 Download Mirrors:
MIRROR 1
MIRROR 2
MD5SUM: ce48ad0a531c30a793c79481b5fefba5

As for google apps, the 2.3.4 gapps have been reported to not be working on this build. I personally have had success using the gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip package. As for where to get them, I'll leave that up to you to find. :D

Please remember that this is a BETA, so it will be buggy!

Some things that are known to NOT work:
camera/camcorder, there have been reports that youtube is hit-or-miss, torch force-closes (flashlight).

Things that have been reported TO work:
audio playback, radio, 3g/data, calling, video playback, gps, accelerometer, notification lights, battery charging, usb connectivity, bluetooth, bluetooth audio, bluetooth calling, wifi, opengl, theme engine, market installs, dsp manager, maybe more?

Honestly I feel like this is in amazing shape!

Some other notes:
  1. This is CYANOGENMOD 7. Thus, it is GINGERBREAD. It boots off of the .32 kernel which shipped with froyo, but that's trivial (this is the reason for flashing back to 2.3.34).
  2. So long as your other ROMs ran off of 2.3.34, you should be able to flash between them and CM7, as CM7 uses the same recovery from DX/D2Bootstrap.
  3. Most importantly. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES INSTALL/RUN DROIDXBOOTSTRAP OR DROID2BOOTSTRAP WHILE RUNNING CM7. IF YOU IGNORE THIS YOU WILL HAVE TO SBF YOUR DEVICE. CM7 has been engineered to reboot into recovery by either a.) using adb to get into a shell and typing "reboot recovery", or b.) simply holding the power button until the global action menu comes up, and then selecting "Reboot", "Recovery". There is no need for DX/D2Bootstrap and running them will mess up the 2nd-init process.

I would also like to thank those who helped me get here:
The RootzWiki crew: birdman and b16
The CyanogenMod crew: so many to name that i'll just leave it at that
The Motorola Milestone crew: Skrilax_CZ for the awesome 2nd-init
My testers/supporters: robstemen, p3droid/TBH, alexisrog, and synik4l
And all of you who have supported me for so long while waiting for this!

Lastly, I have gotten many requests from people for information on how to show me gratitude for the work I have done, so if you would like to buy me some quality beer or some delicious green tea for this, there is a donations link in my signature below!

Thanks for all the support and here's to OUR DEVICES, OUR WAY!

Like my work? please consider donating!https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/w...63663d3faee8d422be6d275c375afb284863ba74d6cdc :D

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Awesome! I might have to go to this once all the bugs are fixed.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
This. Is. Great. I may go buy a used dx if this never gets to the d2

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8-Gingercomb Juiced

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I use the term EPIC only in rare circumstances, and this happens to be one of those times when EPIC is an understatement! Flashing CM7 right this moment! Can hardly wait for the boot up!!

Cali831

Reaction score
def. getting on this once all the bugs are fixed.. great work

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
This. Is. Great. I may go buy a used dx if this never gets to the d2

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8-Gingercomb Juiced

I think I'm gonna go Droid1 after this. I can't stand the locked bootloader!

sent from my ZombieStomped X

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This speaks to the resilience of the dx mod community. Over the past year there have been many high and low moments and the fact motorola has stuck by the locked bootloader philosophy. To have gotten to this point is an amazing feat that shows that where there is a will there is a way. So to cvpcs and the many who helped make it happen cheers, to those before him who tried and failed here is a victory for you, to motorola you cant keep us down, and to the dx community to persevered enjoy this one for all the ups and downs...here finally is your true AOSP ROM.

dshoe

Reaction score
This makes me so happy!! :D People, please install and give feedback! I just started running ZombieStomped GB and I love it, so please report back on battery life and more bugs. The camera is THAT big of a deal for me, I don't use it that much. Now if I backup my current ROM and then flash CM7, could I just restore that backup? Or will I have to update first since this is running off the .34 or whatever?

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.