IT Policy with Exchange Email Acct

jtcampbell

Reaction score
When I set up my Microsoft OWA/Exchange email account with my phone, it immediately wants me to set a password for "IT Policy"...which requires me to type in a password EVERY time the phone screen is turned back on..and there is no way to disable it without getting rid of my email account.

Is there any way to get rid of having that stupid password requirement with my email sync??

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
It may be enforced by the Exchange server. If so, the only possible way would be to talk to your IT folks. They probably won't be willing to change the security policy, though.

fluidj

Reaction score
When I set up my Microsoft OWA/Exchange email account with my phone, it immediately wants me to set a password for "IT Policy"...which requires me to type in a password EVERY time the phone screen is turned back on..and there is no way to disable it without getting rid of my email account.

Is there any way to get rid of having that stupid password requirement with my email sync??

This worked for me, but I found it annoying when I accidentally pushed the power button: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...porate-password-lock-screen-got-you-down.html

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Just be aware that bypassing any IT Security is grounds for termination at most places.
I know it is at mine.

Trollair

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to default the keypad to a numeric keypad?..with larger keys? The fully querty keyboard is too small when you are trying to enter a 4 digit pin quickly.