issue with hotmail email

amajamar

Reaction score
Has anyone had the problem of Droid repeatedly indicating that a previosly read message is unread? I keep getting the new mail indication on some of my messages unless I delete them. It's not happening on my gmail account or my go daddy account.

OP
A

amajamar

Reaction score
By the way, it seems to only be happening on email with attachments. When I attempt to open them they just say "loading" but never load.

fst96se

Reaction score
No help on this?

This is the single most frustrating thing for me on the droid. It CONSTANTLY notifies me that there is new email when there isn't, and sometimes it brings back messages I have deleted on the phone, and marks them as new messages.

I just turned off notifications for hotmail, which is a shame as that is my default email service... rarely use the gmail account.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
While I sympathize a bit for you having problems, hot mail is one of the worst mail services you can use. But let's get beyond that and see if we can't fix your problem.

Have you tried removing the sync from Gmail? Then on your regular email setting set it for every 5 minutes. See if that type of set up works for you.

Mark5047

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. It seems to eventually correct itself but it is annoying. In addition, periodically I will notice I dont get my hotmail so I end up rebooting and it starts working again.

Hey, I just thought of something.... Hotmail is part of MSN, which is a Microsoft offering. Maybe that explains why it has to be rebooted periodically?? HAH!!! But the truth is, my Mac account works fine, and it is also a POP3 account. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

DroidMoose

Reaction score
Yep, Hotmail is frustrating. Also the false notifications on the phone. Seems many many bugs on the phone and short battery life. I have been trying to cut down my inbox on hotmail to see if that works. Down from 14 pages to 3 now. I doubt now when I get down to less than a page it will make a difference.

Gmail on the Droid is the new IE on Windows. Class action??

recDNA

Reaction score
I shut off the notifications for my hotmail account because of this problem. Whenever I check the account from the phone messages I had deleted were reloaded so I just stopped deleting on the Droid. It's a waste of time. Just leave the message there so it doesn't keep reloading. Delete it the next time you're on a computer. Then you can delete it from the Droid if you wish.

famac!

Reaction score
This is a known issue on the droid. Check my sig and star the issue.

prowakeskater

Reaction score
I experienced the exact same issue which led me to make the decision to finally leave my hotmail account after 8 years.

gmail all the way.

fst96se

Reaction score
I experienced the exact same issue which led me to make the decision to finally leave my hotmail account after 8 years.

gmail all the way.

Thinking I may just do that too! I just need to think up a really good gmail addy that I can keep forever.

For the time being I just turned off notifications for hotmail.

MissEvoIXMR

Reaction score
Ummm why not just forward your hotmail to your Gmail account??? I have hotmail and Gmail, had hotmail for at least 6 years, now transitioning or just using my Gmail account more, and it syncs up your hotmail contacts with your Gmail account, I also synced all my saved hotmail emails and files and they're all on Gmail now. Works pretty well for me I can filter my contacts thru so I get hardly any spam... just an idea to slowly and effortlessly change from hotmail to Gmail....