Issue with clockwork recovery d2g

slimpirudude

Reaction score
Hey guys, I been trying to create a nandroid but when it gets to backing up data, it always freezes up! Can anyone please help????

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
slimpirudude

slimpirudude

Reaction score
Yeah I made sure I do, actually deleted old backups so could. Tried it numerous times, still same thing. .

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
I'd try reinstalling Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap. Also, is the card itself fine? Have you tried with another one?

I haven't encountered such behaviour yet. It might, however, be caused by some filesystem issue?.. On which stage of the backup does it freeze?

OP
slimpirudude

slimpirudude

Reaction score
It always freezes same part of the backup. After I click backup, it says I have like a gig of free space. Next it backs up all "system". After system it says backing up data and it will have things such as suchnsuch-1.apk ect as it is backing them up then it will freeze on one and never continue. Its weird, has always done this occasionly (on numberous roms), leading to a battery pull retry and successful. But lately I can't get it to work even once...really frustrating because need to make nandroid in order to try some modding to speed up phone (scripts ect).

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Does it freeze on a certain file, or just randomly?

I'd say it indeed looks like a problem with the SD card, though.