Issue w/ keyboard not typing when keys are pushed...

missrachel

Reaction score
Hi all, hope I am posting this issue in the right place... I have done some searching on the topic and have not yet been able to find any answers...

Intermittently, when I attempt to I input text into a text box, my keyboard does not type the letters/numbers when they are pressed. My cursor does not move. What's strange is that my autocorrect bar above the keyboard does recognize the letters typed, but again, no letters appear in the text box.

I use Smart Keyboard Pro... not sure if the problem is related to the app, because even when this problem occurs, it is not fixed by manually switching to the Android keyboard...

This happens to me in multiple apps at random intervals, sometimes twice a day, sometimes twice a month, and I cannot recognize any patterns. Sometimes the issue fixes itself after a few moments, other times I have to reboot my phone. I've tried force closing my keyboard app, doesn't help. Also using my physical keyboard does not work either. When the problem occurs it occurs across all apps - text messaging, facebook, twitter, etc... I can not type anywhere!

If anyone may be able to point me to a solution, I would greatly appreciate it! Such an annoying issue I shouldn't have to deal with! Btw, I have a rooted Motorola Droid running Lithium Mod.

Thanks! :)
-Rachel

Sent from my Moto Droid using DroidForums

apistone

Reaction score
Same problem, please help!

I have this same issue. I thought something was wrong with the phone itself, and got my phone replaced, but the same thing happens on this one. The only thing I can think of is that maybe some app I've installed triggers it? I haven't been able to make any progress at all, and it's definitely the same problem.

Neither the slide-out keyboard nor the touch-screen keyboard will work when this happens, and I have to restart it every time. The word recognition bar seems to know what I'm typing, but even if I click on the word I want, it doesn't show up.

Please help!!

ILoveMT

Reaction score
Try This

Try this. Go under Settings then, applications, under manage applications choose the running apps andfind the Multi-touch keyboard, then hit clear data. This worked for me.

greycobalt

Reaction score
This is happening to me as well, using Smart Keyboard Pro on the X2. Should I clear the data on the SKP instead of multi-touch, since multi-touch doesn't show up? It's such an obnoxious problem.

rickyxgz

Reaction score
Hello, I had the same problem and i found that multi-touch keyboard had a conflict with a background app, in my case was youtube I wiped youtube's data and removed updates and now im using an earlier version of youtube. and keyboard now responds