Issue Rooting Droid X

rednival

Reaction score
I am trying to use the script recently released to root my Droid X (found here). It has worked one time. I installed a ROM but had to SBF back because I screwed up on installing the ROM. Now I can't get the script to root my phone. I have USB debugging on. I can't figure this out. Any ideas?

dono

Reaction score
Just had this problem myself. Does it get stuck at the a recovery screen? If it's the same problem I had, you're gonna have to unplug the USB, power it off and power it on manually, and reinsert the cable as its booting back up each time the script tries to reboot the phone. After the script finishes all three steps and you dont see SU app, you're gonna have to follow these steps [ROOT/UNROOT] Droid 3 root instructions (One Click added for Windows/ Linux/ OSX) - Page 15

coolerthought

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm wanting to get the complete instructions on rooting my Droid X, would someone please help. I've looked at the YouTube videos and thats how I ended up her.

leftspin

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm wanting to get the complete instructions on rooting my Droid X, would someone please help. I've looked at the YouTube videos and thats how I ended up her.

I can help you out, what version of Android are you on right now?

coolerthought

Reaction score
Droid X

Thank you for your help, it's the Droid X. It now will let me go through the whole process but in the end it still is not rooted.

jimisbell

Reaction score
That is exactly my problem. My original; DX. one of the first sold, was immediately rooted with Z4, but a year later I had a battery charging problem and when they replaced the phone, Z4 no longer worked. I have tried several others, but they are ALL PC based!!! I use Linux and the PC Based rooters all work on Windoze!!! I am not fluent in Linux if it is system dependant. If it is a "click" on the ICON thing I can do it.

Last edited: