Is Verizon falling behind the competition?

Bxrider117

Reaction score
This is just what thought I had while watching the video of the Tmobile My Touch 4g, the other 3 major carriers have video options on their phones. Verizon has yet to drop one phone with that option. I know that having that option may not be high on everyone's list, but I would still like to see it as an option on some of the new devices. They seem to be releasing a few more Motorola phones and Froyo has not even been perfected yet. I have the Droid X and I'm always experiencing a small problem. HTC seems to have Froyo perfected but the soon to be released HTC Merge doesn't offer the video calls option. I'm sure it will come by next year I'm just wondering why they are releasing all of these other phones and not rushing this option.

The Droid Pro looks to be a good idea but another Droid 2 and just giving it world use seems to be able waste being the phone was just released 2–3 months ago. Then they released a Star Wars version, did anyone got pick that up. Todos me it is beginning to feel like Motorola over kill. This is just my opinion.

tommyb38

Reaction score
Well, it is not that Verizon is falling behind, because they continue to add customers at a 2:1 ratio to the other companies and are now at over 94 million customers. You will will see the capability of video conferencing with the roll out of LTE(4G).

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
theres already a plan to release an HTC phone that is almost exactly like the EVO with a front facing camera before the end of the year.

and yes LTE will go live next month so expect LTE phones at the beginning of next year.

RemyL75

Reaction score
VZW, IMO, feels that it can take it's time doing everything that everyone else is doing because VZW is the largest US cell carrier. Everyone else, regardless of phone features, are still really just trying to catch up and eventually try to take the No. 1 spot. That's all. VZW has the same plans with their phones and network as everyone else, they are just procrastinating on implementation lol.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is Verizon falling behind the competition?
I doubt the churn numbers support this. Every company seems to get this question on forum sites. A new release on carrier A or carrier B's lack of an immediate answer is not "falling behind the competition" despite what armchair analysts apparently think. No single carrier will always have the latest and greatest at every given point in time.