Is This A Joke?! Trade Your Galaxy S6 or Note 5 for a OnePlus 2!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

When I read the headline i had to take a glance at the calendar to be sure that it wasn't April first! In another marketing move seemingly attempting to receive backlash (bad publicity is better than no publicity) OnePlus 2 pretty much calls their customers dummies! That may be a bit extreme, but who in their right mind would trade a Note 5 for a OnePlus 2?!

Ok, now that my ranting is out of the way I do have to give OnePlus some credit here. They are calling this a contest. This offer exists for only 50 winners. The phones that are traded in will be donated to "Hope Phones". This organization brings medical tech to those in need. This is really a great cause. If you participated in this it would be to support the cause.

Winners will be selected at random. If you win you win the opportunity to send your $700 phone to OnePlus so you can receive a $400 OnePlus 2 in return. This contest is probably the best contest that OnePlus has ever ran, which is not saying much. Previous contests included the opportunity to smash your current phone for a free OnePlus 2 replacent, and a contest asking female fans to send in pictures for a beauty contest. If you are interested in entering this contest head to the link below.

Oneplus

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Guess there isn't much interest in 1+2. Doesn't surprise me as other Chinese manufacturers are overpowering 1+ brand with lower price tags.