Is there no speed dial?

moparharn

Reaction score
I have looked everywhere I can think of and have not found a way to set speed dial. Anybody know the answer to this? Please.

Dewback66

Reaction score
I don't believe so --- when I got mine this morning that was the first thing I asked and no one knew anything about it and they kept telling me how much training they have had on this thing but yet no one had any answers to my simplest questions including the speed dial--- maybe I made a mistake retiring my orange enV :)

kaorte

Reaction score
Check the applications. I just searched and quite a few "speed dialers" were listed.

dendroid

Reaction score
My wife and I got our Droids today and she said the same thing. She likes the speed dial option but could not find it anywhere. I only used it sometimes so I am not to bothered about it. Maybe they figured that since you can voice dial, you won't need speed dialing. Who knows?

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
the best option i have seen is a program called "anycut" it will let you create an icon that will automatically dial a number or take you to a specific menu item like network or battery level.

you can reserve a whole home screen just for speed dial icons.

Spartan

Reaction score
Why not just add a contact short cut or direct dial short cut to one of the 3 changeable screens? Works great and actually gives you more speed dial options.

TigerFX

Reaction score
On the right tab of the "dial" tab is "favorites", which as far as I can tell is auto-generated but shows 7 contacts. That may or may not be sufficient?

big erick

Reaction score
this is how you set up speed dials._ Hold down home screen- select shortcuts-direct dial-contacts-choose your contact-set on home screen icon. THERE YA GO!!!

big erick

Reaction score
here is how to set speed dials. go to and hold down the home screen- select shortcuts-select direct dial-select contacts-select choose contact- set on home screen icon..

big erick

Reaction score
im sorry folks, I cant delete those other 2 posts i did. the way I told you to set speed dials was confusing. just go to the home screen and hold down the menu key. a menu will pop up with-add, wallpaper settings and so on. select add. then select shortcuts. then select direct dial. then the contacts will pop up. select a contact and it will be there on your home screen! sorry for the trouble...

dendroid

Reaction score
That's pretty neat. Better than getting to a keyboard and typing a number.

Trip

Reaction score
You can also make a folder on the home screen and drag your speed dials in it, will let you make however many you want and keep them in one plae.

steveo52

Reaction score
You can also make a folder on the home screen and drag your speed dials in it, will let you make however many you want and keep them in one plae.

Great suggestion since I was starting to fill my blank screens with speed dials, thank you. :)