Is there no speed dial?

bakerlegal

Reaction score
Can you also add other numbers after the telephone number, like voicemail password, extension? I used this feature on my BB and need to find how to duplicate the feature on my Droid.

xliderider

Reaction score
Can you also add other numbers after the telephone number, like voicemail password, extension? I used this feature on my BB and need to find how to duplicate the feature on my Droid.

Yes, for voice mail, go to Menu, Settings, Call Settings, Voicemail Settings, edit your Voicemail Number by inserting commas (pauses) after the *86, then enter your VM password. Mine works great in this format (3 pauses): *86,,,XXXX

The same can be done for dialing a contact with an extension. XXX XXX XXXX,,,(extension number).

bakerlegal

Reaction score
Speed Dialing

Thanks for the reply. Made those changes and speed dialing works just like my BB.

T0DD

Reaction score
Or, just find the app called "youmail" and download and use that. It's FREE and it's insanely cool. You can give every single person in your address book their own recording if they call you. And the app gives you a icon to tap and instantly listen to your messages. "IF" you want to, you can pay a little fee and have your messages transcribed. ( I don't use that service ).

When anyone in my address calls me they hear their special greeting. For example, my brother Robb calls me it says. "Hi Robb, Todd is not available right now, please leave a message."

You're doing yourself a great injustice if you don't look into "Youmail.com".

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Or, just find the app called "youmail" and download and use that. It's FREE and it's insanely cool. You can give every single person in your address book their own recording if they call you. And the app gives you a icon to tap and instantly listen to your messages. "IF" you want to, you can pay a little fee and have your messages transcribed. ( I don't use that service ).

When anyone in my address calls me they hear their special greeting. For example, my brother Robb calls me it says. "Hi Robb, Todd is not available right now, please leave a message."

Or pick up a Google Voice invite.....

T0DD

Reaction score

Or pick up a Google Voice invite.....

I have google voice too... and I like youmail better. Matter of fact, I don't even use the google voice.

Last edited:

gsridge

Reaction score
Thanks!

this is how you set up speed dials._ Hold down home screen- select shortcuts-direct dial-contacts-choose your contact-set on home screen icon. THERE YA GO!!!

This is the answer. What is really annoying is that there is no guide or on line info on how to do this stuff (as you can ee from the number of questions above) . Very poor learning tools.

Now - here's a second question related. I've ben able to get the speed dial icons on the main screen per big Erick's instructions - but because they're on the main screen I've inadvertently touched them and made a call I didn't want to make. How can I gt them to a lower screen? Holding and dragging icon to the bottom (where it turns red) just deletes the icon. Any ideas?

Steve H

Reaction score
this is how you set up speed dials._ Hold down home screen- select shortcuts-direct dial-contacts-choose your contact-set on home screen icon. THERE YA GO!!!

This is the answer. What is really annoying is that there is no guide or on line info on how to do this stuff (as you can ee from the number of questions above) . Very poor learning tools.

Now - here's a second question related. I've ben able to get the speed dial icons on the main screen per big Erick's instructions - but because they're on the main screen I've inadvertently touched them and made a call I didn't want to make. How can I gt them to a lower screen? Holding and dragging icon to the bottom (where it turns red) just deletes the icon. Any ideas?

Drag it left or right not down.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Long press on the icon and drag it to the screen edge, pause and the screen will shift over.....

samuraiJack

Reaction score
You can also try Old School Speed Dialer to have speed dial without bothering with extra home screen icons.

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
yea i found this frustrating as if you press and hold the number 1 down, it speed dials voice mail...

regmar01

Reaction score
The easiest way and most user friendly way that I found to produce speed dial was:
On home screen:
1.long hold click on menu, Selct "add",
2.Select "Folders",
3.Select "New Folder",
4.On home screen select the folder created and touch "folder to change name and name it "Speed Dial".
5.Then go back and again to fallow steps 1 and 2 but this time select " Shotcut"
6. Select "Direct Dial"
7. Select desired contact to be added.
8. Repeat steps 5 and 6 till all contacts are added.
9. Then tap and drag all direct dial contacts into "Speed Dial" folder.
10. Place folder where you would like (I suggest next to to the "phone" gadget.

To place a call select the "speed dial folder" and then select conatact. And there you go it dials.

Hope that helps.

rjax

Reaction score
I feel like I've said this in too many threads already, but Dialer One lets you assign speed dial to 2-99