Is there no speed dial?

probbiethe1

Reaction score
yes dialer one is awesome everything i have wanted from a dialer

masiv

Reaction score
Anyone having trouble with Dialer One? It eats up almost 30MB of memory on my Droid. Love the app if it wasn't such a hog.

Imahskrfan

Reaction score
I found a way to use the SPEED DIAL on my Droid X when you have your speed dial numbers set up then you get ready to make a phone call go to the dial screen, press and hold the number of your contact number for a couple of seconds (mine vibrates) and it will call that number!! I hope this helps :)

Scrub

Reaction score
I have looked everywhere I can think of and have not found a way to set speed dial. Anybody know the answer to this? Please.
Droid X v2.2 Open Dialer Click on Favorites Click Menu Key Click Speed Dial Setup

Last edited:

new2smartphones

Reaction score
Setting Up Speed Dial on Droid X

• Open the DROID X Dialer with either the phone icon or Dialer icon in applications tray.
  • Press the Menu hard key button, select Speed dial set-up, Speed dial set-up menu will appear
  • Tap on any open slot (1-9) to add a contact from your phonebook menu (you MUST SCROLL to the name -- do not use keyboard) to your speed dial list.
  • Press back button to get to dialer.
  • To dial a speed dial number, tap and hold on the number 1-9 on number pad that represented the speed dial contact you just set-up.
  • Handset will automatically dial that contact.
The majority of this information was obtained from how to speed dial on Verizon Motorola Droid X? | Verizon Cell Phones. When I used their info, I ran into difficulty because I did not scroll through my phonebook, but rather typed to get the contact. That did NOT work. I had to SCROLL through the phonebook to enter the contact into speed dial. It works great! :)

andrew1cohen

Reaction score
No Sped Dial??? WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?

WHAT ARE THEY THINKING? The whole point of the Pro was to compete with the blackberry. Sped dial is very useful and a major omission!!!!

Clearly Google does not yet get business .. But i'd think Motorola would make sure it's there.

I'll probably return the phone (FYI, shortcuts are a terrible workaround!!)

If I am wrong and it is there, well, i eat my words and will someone please let me know?????????

billyidle

Reaction score
If you read the post directly above yours, you would see the app called "Dialer One."

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
WHAT ARE THEY THINKING? The whole point of the Pro was to compete with the blackberry. Sped dial is very useful and a major omission!!!!

Clearly Google does not yet get business ..
I use my BB for business all the time and I don't use speed dial. Why would you assume that a feature that you find useful is a requirement for everyone else out there?

jjones5393

Reaction score
yes theres speed dial

Open to dial pad. Hold the number you want to set as a speed dial and it asks you if you want to set as speed dial. Click yes or ok (whatever it says) and it takes you to contacts. Pick the contact you want.