Is there an app (or any method) to force a specific framerate for recorded videos?

Reaction score
I've recently decided to record videos throughout my day and join them together to upload as a single video as that day's video log. However, I couldn't find a single video-joining program that would work properly.

As it turns out, it wasn't their problem. I discovered that every video I record with my RAZR ends up with a different video framerate. I first tried my preferred app, lg camera. It has options for setting framerate, but that doesn't seem to make a difference. I then tried uCam and the stock camcorder. All videos have different framerates regardless of settings.

Is there any way to force recorded videos to have a set framerate? I don't even need it to be really high. I figure standard (29.97 I believe, or we can just say 30) would be acceptable.

I realize that I can re-encode the videos to all have matching framerates and THEN join them together, and if I absolutely have to, then so be it, but it's an extra step I would prefer to avoid... and honestly, I think my request is reasonable.

Any ideas?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm not a video buff but the variances you describe sound weird. Perhaps someone else with more experience in this can lend some advice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
V
Reaction score
I'm still hoping someone can help me with this. I don't know if it's a hardware limitation or if all the camcorder app developers just have it set that way.

At first I thought it would be just an inconvenience to have to convert the videos after recording them, but as it turns out, I can't seem to even do that, so at this point, any videos I create with my Droid are unable to be joined together without losing a/v sync.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm still hoping someone can help me with this. I don't know if it's a hardware limitation or if all the camcorder app developers just have it set that way.

At first I thought it would be just an inconvenience to have to convert the videos after recording them, but as it turns out, I can't seem to even do that, so at this point, any videos I create with my Droid are unable to be joined together without losing a/v sync.

Go to the pay center and do a search on video editor. There are oover 1000 apps available for that.

I'm going to request this thread be moved to the apps area as your issue is not specific to your phone. Good luck.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm going to request this thread be moved to the apps area as your issue is not specific to your phone. Good luck.

Thread moved:)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk