Is there a setting that I have missed.. or is my Revo just messing with me

mylar321

Reaction score
When I type text messages my Revo takes common words and changes them to words in spanish... example I type in "the" it changes it to "fue"... I have checked the phone settings for language and it says that it is set for English (United States)... is there another setting that I am not aware of or is this just a malfunctioning device?

AstroBoy

Reaction score
If you are using a replacement keyboard such as Go keyboard or Swift keyboard then you should check the settings for the keyboard and make sure it is set to english or system.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

OP
M

mylar321

Reaction score
thanx for that but... no I just got it yesterday, fresh out o the box and i am using what came with it...haven't downloaded anything yet

aprilia-ryan

Reaction score
Not sure if ya figured it out or not but on the keyboard look at the bottom row of buttons. See the 3rd key from the left? Should have a globe, press it, each time it will switch to another language until eng appers again. I did the same damn thing for a day ,was like why is selecting the second word every friggin time,lol.

Villainous

Reaction score
I had that same problem, if you go settings>language & keyboard > LG keyboard > Writing language
you can unselect all the languages you don't type in. I turned off everything but english and it has made a world of difference

kjumper187

Reaction score
Villainous took my answer before I could respond. I had the same issue. I kept hitting the language button while texting. I did what Villainous said and old kept English. No problems since.

johnacjo

Reaction score
This problem becomes severe day by day. This problem has to experience when T9 dictionary is activated. Or it is signal for keypad service. When there is some defect in the phone circuit.

Dawgz25

Reaction score
Not sure if ya figured it out or not but on the keyboard look at the bottom row of buttons. See the 3rd key from the left? Should have a globe, press it, each time it will switch to another language until eng appers again. I did the same damn thing for a day ,was like why is selecting the second word every friggin time,lol.
Thank you thank you THANK YOU for this answer. That fixed it. It's been driving me NUTS!!!dancedroid