Is there a setting for Google Calendar that allows you to save past events?

dreemesicle

Reaction score
I pulled up my Google calendar on my Droid and all my past events are gone (other than last month and the current month)? The holidays are showing up for the entire year but not the events that I've entered. I checked Google calendar online and they aren't there either. Is there a way to get these back...I had important notes on event dates?? And if not, is there a setting that will allow me to keep events entered on my google calendar for the entire year? I've spent the last hour searching for a setting with no luck.
I would so apreciate any help you can give me :hail:
Thanks a bunch and have a fantastic weekend!
Tammy*

BobB

Reaction score
On my Droid, I can only go back about three months (after pressing the box various times that requests going back to earlier events) using Google calendar directly. However, when I go to my calendar through Gmail (using a browser not Google calendar directly from the phone) all past events, comments, etc. are there. It sounds like maybe you are having a syncing problem in that your calendar isn't being backed up to Gmail when you sync. From Google calendar, press Menu, More, Calendars and make sure Gmail is checked. Also, when you sync (from phone home screen, press Menu, Settings, Accounts & Sync and make sure your Gmail account is listed. I hope that helps.

Beka27

Reaction score
All of my past events are visible on my computer. Only the current and previous month are visible on my phone. If you have notes that you need from calendar events, you could copy/paste those into a "note" app. It would add a step, but that's better than not being able to access them at all on the go.

I glanced thru settings quickly (on my phone) and didn't see a way to lengthen the past event storage.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
well i use my calendar as a must have and if i need to save those events, i save it in the Repitition and its saved. if not, might be a good idea as mentioned, to use something like Evernote or Colornote.

OP
D

dreemesicle

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your help... Bob B, I checked both Google Calendar and my Droid's settings and they both are on my Gmail account. Not sure if this matters but I have 3 different Google calendars (I copied & pasted the Calendar Settings info below.
[h=3]My Calendars[/h] Calendars I can view and modify
Goo-CalNotifications
Share this calendar
Delete
BoysElijah and Spencer's appointments
Notifications
Shared: Edit settings
Unsubscribe
Delete
Tammy*My appointments, etc.
Notifications
Shared: Edit settings
Unsubscribe

Delete

I also noticed that the Goo-Cal calendar has my gmail account listed as my Calendar ID however the other 2 calendars have the following link as my Calendar ID...

(Calendar ID: [email protected])This is the address for your calendar. No one can use this link unless you have made your calendar public

I don't know if any of this info even matters but thought I'd throw it out there just in case. Needless to say that I'm new to all of this lol. Thanks again to everyone for your help!
Tammy* PS...I'm assuming that there isn't any way that I can recover the lost events listed on my past calendar months, April, May and June?