is the milestone the same hardware wise as the droid?

ragenrok

Reaction score
My wife decided to wash my jeans but forgot to check my pockets and my milestone did the wash cycle lol. Ive let it dry for 2 days and the phone works but the lcd doesn't.

you hit the power button and you can feel it do its vibrate and make sounds, when you htit he power button to lock it, then hit it again to unlock the touch screen works. I can still "unlock" the phone by sliding my finger where that slider is and I can feel me htiting buttons and my email flash warning is going so the phone itself works. Just not the display

Now if the lcd is still hooped in a few days im going to have to replace it, but the only screens I can find are droid ones, will those work wiht the milestone?

Szadzik

Reaction score
My wife decided to wash my jeans but forgot to check my pockets and my milestone did the wash cycle lol. Ive let it dry for 2 days and the phone works but the lcd doesn't.

you hit the power button and you can feel it do its vibrate and make sounds, when you htit he power button to lock it, then hit it again to unlock the touch screen works. I can still "unlock" the phone by sliding my finger where that slider is and I can feel me htiting buttons and my email flash warning is going so the phone itself works. Just not the display

Now if the lcd is still hooped in a few days im going to have to replace it, but the only screens I can find are droid ones, will those work wiht the milestone?

Do not waste money on replacing the screen, the phone will not last. You will replace the screen and within a month or two still corrosion will destroy the internals and the phone will die.

OP
R

ragenrok

Reaction score

Do not waste money on replacing the screen, the phone will not last. You will replace the screen and within a month or two still corrosion will destroy the internals and the phone will die.

Well Ive soaked it in 99% iso alcohol to get rid of water, and now have it drying on my surround reciever since it puts out a nice constant low heat to help it dry out, im hoping that in a day or two the screen will come back to life anyways.

Szadzik

Reaction score
Well Ive soaked it in 99% iso alcohol to get rid of water, and now have it drying on my surround reciever since it puts out a nice constant low heat to help it dry out, im hoping that in a day or two the screen will come back to life anyways.

If it starts working, than make sure to back up your stuff and work as normal. I do not believe in phones coming back to life and working for a long time after getting severely wet. It will corrode and stop working eventually, that is why I am saying about the backup.
If the screen does not come on do not bother with replacing it.

JS_Winston

Reaction score
Make sure you let the screen completely dry out. If the water damages the screen it is toast.
The only phone I was able to recover from water was a V60. When I tried with a Z8 and a A1000 both were lost because the screen went bad.

dmo580

Reaction score

If it starts working, than make sure to back up your stuff and work as normal. I do not believe in phones coming back to life and working for a long time after getting severely wet. It will corrode and stop working eventually, that is why I am saying about the backup.
If the screen does not come on do not bother with replacing it.

You realize that corrosion only occurs when the phone is wet? If he dries his phone asap and keeps it dry, it won't corrode further.

To OP: I've washed several electronics before. A lot of times the screen itself is ok. Sometimes the backlight dies. In either case you probably should just replace the LCD, but water is not as bad as some people make it out to be.

OP
R

ragenrok

Reaction score
ya, I even went as far as to pull the phone apart and got the motherboard out and scrubbed it with 99% iso and a tooth brush just to make sure. Still same problems, phone starts up, can hear it and feel the response but no screen display.