Is the Droid too geeky?

audioman42

Reaction score
I have a Droid and girls don't seem to think I'm geeky. But then again, EDITED

Last edited by a moderator:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your phone doesn't determine geek or not. Besides... who really cares? Love yourself.. the love from others will follow.

demon69120

Reaction score
No... obviousy not because after buying the Droid suddenly I started getting girls.

Last edited:

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Android is too geeky like GMail and Google were too geeky a few years ago....

Right now, everyone looks at you like you have horns. In a couple years, if you DONT use it, everyone will look at you like you have a tail.

DHood

Reaction score
I've never been around people, my phone (droid) ring, me answer it, and the people I'm around go "Wow, you have a droid, we can't be friends anymore".

Until that happens, which it won't, I'm guessing it's fine.

Even if it happened, oh well, <3 this phone

And btw, my droid made my friend get a moto-cliq today (he's on t-mobile). Neither of us are geeks btw.

Droidfish

Reaction score
Perhaps not geeky enough...

I'm most definitely the only geek amongst my friends and i don't know anybody who hasn't been impressed when I give them a peek inside what rooted droids all about.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
dude its a phone when it comes down to it its main function is to make phone calls....so how can it be geeky if its sumthing that helps u keep in contact with ur friends in more ways then phone calls an textes (aka facebook, email, twitter,ect.) I mean honestly it makes u hip that you can do it all on the go an honestly I love the design I get complaments on my phone all the time cuz of my case (I do airbrushing work an I have to say my droid is lookin pretty slick.) But I mean its not like in get friends or get noticed by my phone I get noticed because of myself an the way I act got my girlfriend (soon to be fiance if her dad says I can). For the same reason if the droid is geeky then ill be the geek in the pink(its a song look it up) lol

vuskee

Reaction score
Seems that most owners of the Droid is guys, and this name, droid, and their ad, a robot, all are geared towards guys, and geeky guys. Is it bad to own a droid in terms of your social reputation?

sounds like a personal problem to me.

bristolcat

Reaction score
I'm a girl and I love my Droid, but I've always been pretty geeky. When I show it to other women, they are all very impressed but hate how manly it looks and how heavy it is. For that reason I've been encouraging them to get an Eris because they'll never be happy with how the Droid looks. But really, in my mind, it's not styled any differently than a small computer would be. It's just not a flashy phone, that's all. It might help if I get a slightly more feminine case for it than the Body Glove.

Around here, brand names mostly dictate status. A stylish business ensemble isn't complete without a Blackberry on one's hip. God help us if the iPhone ever comes to my area. At least Android is gaining ground. The heads of two of our departments are movers and shakers in the community and both are rocking Droids now.

Slipstream

Reaction score
I'm a girl and I love my Droid, but I've always been pretty geeky. When I show it to other women, they are all very impressed but hate how manly it looks and how heavy it is. For that reason I've been encouraging them to get an Eris because they'll never be happy with how the Droid looks. But really, in my mind, it's not styled any differently than a small computer would be. It's just not a flashy phone, that's all. It might help if I get a slightly more feminine case for it than the Body Glove.

Around here, brand names mostly dictate status. A stylish business ensemble isn't complete without a Blackberry on one's hip. God help us if the iPhone ever comes to my area. At least Android is gaining ground. The heads of two of our departments are movers and shakers in the community and both are rocking Droids now.

Same here, from a business perspective. You can't go to a meeting in this company without 3/4 of the room having a BB sitting in front of them, many of which don't actually need them. The remainder have iPhones, because, well... "they're iPhones." ...Even if AT&T statistically has the worst service in the area by far.

I'll take geeky over trendy any day. The Droid does exactly what I want it to do, which the iPhone doesn't.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The only way the droid is bad for your social life is how you ignore your friends while out because you are too busy with said droid.

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
I'd have to respond with, who gives a flying F**** what the phone makes you look like? if someone is judging you on your PHONE, then clearly you don't wanna be in their crowd...

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Seems that most owners of the Droid is guys, and this name, droid, and their ad, a robot, all are geared towards guys, and geeky guys. Is it bad to own a droid in terms of your social reputation?

Man, you care WAY too much about what other people think. Do you like the Droid? Does it work for you? Forget about the rest of the world, because when it comes right down to it, how you feel about it is all that really matters.

lschicky

Reaction score
<--Female with a Droid. Frankly I don't really care what other people think of my phone choices. I picked it because it was the right phone for me. Smartphones are quite common these days, even among non-geeky people. All it really says is "I didn't jump oh the iphone bandwagon!" which I think is a good thing.