Is my S voice dumb or are they all this way?

Mookie

Reaction score
S voice works decent for T2T, but for every other application it is just dumb. It sometimes answers the phone, never ends a call. When on the music player it works when and how it wants to. It will usually skip to next, pause and play, then it won't, at all, rarely can I get it to use previous. It will do various things on noises it picks up. Door slamming, sneezing, coughing, clapping, snapping fingers, drumming fingers, saying random words that are nothing close to a command, yawning, farting (loudly of course), a car next to me honked, screaming F-you worked as well (speaking to the phone after trying multiple times to get to to play). All of this and more has caused my music player to volume up/down, pause/play, next/previous. Random noises seem to work better than the actual command. Running stock music player. I also don't keep my music loud.

I am in my truck 10 hours a day, 5 days a week and would love to use voice command.

Is this typical or is mine a short bus GN2?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
It's pretty much hit or miss. Have you tried replacing it with something else such as dragon?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
First I would say a noisy environment, or perhaps your voice. When ever using voice to text or Google Now my brother's voice will over power mine even when he's several feet away. I've recorded my voice before and I slur and stutter and make odd clicks when I speak, I'm amazed that any voice input works for me. However when I'm home or in a quiet place all voice commands work fairly well, if I speak clearly and slow down. When in my car driving to work voice commands are iffy at best. I don't have a Note II but I would play with your clarity and cadence of your speech, what have you got to loose?

OP
Mookie

Mookie

Reaction score
I will try another application.

It's not my voice. I am a trained speaker and know how to speak clearly and with the correct volume. It also doesn't matter if it is quiet or slightly noisy. Noisy matters. I have been in a quiet room and had it do nothing and have been 20 feet away and speak normally and have it work.

Buckling my seatbelt works also.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I will try another application.

It's not my voice. I am a trained speaker and know how to speak clearly and with the correct volume. It also doesn't matter if it is quiet or slightly noisy. Noisy matters. I have been in a quiet room and had it do nothing and have been 20 feet away and speak normally and have it work.

Buckling my seatbelt works also.

Damn I had thought you might have my problem, in school in drama class we recorded a couple old radio programs and my voice was terrible. It had all kinds of artifacts and clicks and pops.

I have to agree with you at the best of times voice command works 80% of the time. I thought it was only me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
Mookie

Mookie

Reaction score
The only place it it seems to have issues is with the Samsung music player.

Closing my clipboard caused it to pause.