Is my battery bad? Takes 4 hours to charge

velocity92c

Reaction score
So I got my new phone from insurance and I've had a hell of a time with the battery. A couple days ago when my phone died, the battery wouldn't even hold enough juice to power my phone on. It kept rebooting as soon as it hit the home screen due to lack of power. I had to lock the home screen immediately upon booting and let it sit for half an hour before it had enough battery to even use, while on the charger the whole time.

I downloaded battery graph and it took my phone 4 hours to charge from 20 to 100. Yesterday I was trying to get it to charge very quickly so I underclocked my cpu as low as it would go and enabled airplane mode and it still took 3 hours to charge.

Do I have a bad battery? According to battery graph my phone was dying over the past hour while I was playing a game, and this was while it was ON the charger. I don't remember having any problems like this with my old phone.

OP
V

velocity92c

Reaction score
I am using the charger they sent me from Asurion, it's a wall charger but it's about 4 times longer than the one Moto includes. I just plugged in my stock charger to see if it makes a difference, I hadn't even thought about that. I will post the results.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am using the charger they sent me from Asurion, it's a wall charger but it's about 4 times longer than the one Moto includes. I just plugged in my stock charger to see if it makes a difference, I hadn't even thought about that. I will post the results.

the one that came with the phone should charge it faster.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Yeah there were two diff chargers that moto has sent with the droids, one that had a detachable usb cord (850mA) and one that was not detachable (550mA). Check to see what that assurion cord puts out in mA. Charging on the computer is slow as well because it puts out less than 500mA sometimes much less depending on the computer.