Is it possible to.......

NYMXer

Reaction score
Can I download and view a movie on the Incredible? I have saved movies on my laptop and know how to place them on my phone but can the phone play the movies? Do I need to download any programs like a VLC media player?

If I join up with a movie rental site like Netflix, will the Droid play those movies too?

Thanks in advance from a newbie. I love this phone and it boggles my mind what it can do. People complain about battery life but I think it does OK for it's size. Too bad there isn't an over sized battery out there. I just plug it into a USB that has a battery attached so I can go days on a charge when I am camping and there is no electricity.

Godly 1

Reaction score
I don't have an answer on your movie question, but unless I am missing a little forum sarcasm... There are quite a few extended life battery options! Even one made by HTC!

The two that seem to be the go to's are;

HTC 2150 through Verizon for $50-60 and
Seidio 3500 through Amazon for $45-55

Either one comes with a replacement back cover (battery door)

I just received the Seidio 3500 on Saturday (2 days ago) and just with the 70% or so charge that came on it, I was finally able to kill it with everything on and heavy use last night around 11:00 pm! I love the slight added weight and thickness of the phone now! And after 4 to 5 charges (with bump charging) it is supposed to increase even more! I am fully expecting to be able to go 2, even 3 days between charging!
WOOOHOOOO!!!
(so thank you to those on the forum that helped me through my decision process! Just trying to pass it on now!)

Kreichs

Reaction score
I just downloaded The Inception digital copy in .WMV format and I am about to transfer it onto my phone. I will let you know in a minute if it works. I have not tried playing full movies on my Incredible yet but I would assume it works.
As for Netflix I do not know if you can Stream from their website on your phone, we will have to wait for them to release an app. The Movies/Flixter app is nice for adding movies to your Netflix Que.

Kreichs

Reaction score
Ok so .WMV is not supported. I am an idiot oh well, but MP4 files should play in the incredible.