is it just me?

djspy

Reaction score
Or have the RAZR HD and Maxx HD been overlooked? Every where look it's iPhone 5, Note II, DNA even the One X+ do a YouTube search for RAZR HD vs iPhone 5 and nothing will come up. A TON of RAZR M vs iPhone 5 videos (lol right?) And even a RAZR Maxx vs iPhone 5 video. Why do you think the new RAZR line has been over looked?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
I don't think it has been overlooked. In fact from the last thing I heard it is selling very well. I've seen a few ads on TV but they are offering the M for $50 bucks with a contracts, that's probably why it is being advertised more.

OP
djspy

djspy

Reaction score
I'm talking about the tech world community. I haven't seem a Maxx HD or RAZR HD commercial.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
The one on the air now is with a guy in bed in a concrete room, he uses the maxx to bust out, etc... in see it about once a day.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Spydaz

Reaction score
This device fills more of a niche then others. Its the battery/build/screen but mainly the battery that's the big selling point.

To me the phone has EVERYTHING you could ask for albeit a working Google wallet app.

The durability is pretty much the best, the screen is gorgeous and can hang with all the other big boys out there. The speed (after doing a FDR after jellybean update) is better than a VZW GS3.

I came from a VZW Galaxy Note 2 BTW.

OP
djspy

djspy

Reaction score
^^ I was on the fence about doing an FDR but based on what you said I'm gonna go ahead and do it. Nothing to loose and a smoother running phone to gain. Be right back!

OP
djspy

djspy

Reaction score
Did you do the FDR from the recovery menu (and did you do it once or 3 times?) Or from settings > privacy ?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Lol why do it three times?? I always do it from the recovery menu. No idea if it's true or not but it seems more thorough to me.

OP
djspy

djspy

Reaction score
I used to Flash ROMS on my OG Droid and it was always recommended to wipe cache and data 3 times.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Won't hurt anything, it's just extra precaution. When i flash I wipe before installing the ROM and right after, even that seems excessive to me. But to each his/her own. :thumbup:

Spydaz

Reaction score
I did it from the menu. Its basically all the same I believe. I've done it from recovery only if I was flashing a ROM over a different ROM etc. If its all stock I wouldn't worry. Did it once.

vikingjunior

Reaction score
Well I returned my iphone 5 for a Motorola Droid and couldn't be happier so yes I think the Motorola Droid line is being overlooked it's amazing how word of mouth and advertising can trick people.

niXerKG

Reaction score
I know people know about it but they might not really care about it.

I remember the original RAZR everyone liked it until they were on their 3rd or 4th one because it simply broke to easily so when they relaunched the RAZR brand a lot of people didn't even want to hear about it. Then the whole Maxx and everything started to gain a lot of good attention and word of mouth because of the battery life.

Then factor in how VZW has tons of phones with DROID in it, a lot of people who don't really read up on things might assume a lot of the stuff is all the same and might not dig deeper.

All I know is when I whip out my phone people are surprised that it's a Motorola and that I don't have an S3 or something. Also they notice I don't need to charge my phone as often as they do.

OP
djspy

djspy

Reaction score
Well, I did the FDR last night. It's a little bit smoother and it fixed the problem I had with the keyboard when I switched to Spanish. The only redraw happening on the home screen is with the circles widget. Oddly, I didn't have to set it up after the FDR. It already had my hometown listed. I have also noticed better battery life and its showing more available RAM under the running apps. I'm glad I did the FDR.

2001400ex

Reaction score
What does the fdr do? Just wipe cache? Or delete apps where you have to reinstall? Basically, do you have to back anything up and restore them?