Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
How is the pre-paid Moto E get Lollipop before a flagship like the Turbo? :confused:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
How is the pre-paid Moto E get Lollipop before a flagship like the Turbo? :confused:

Probably most importantly of all, it appears the Moto E isn't capable of VOLTE, so it's running dual antennas and the earlier architecture common with most of the other Motorola phones (and others), that have already received the move to Lollipop.

The following 17 devices (and their iterations), are on Verizon and support HD Calling (VOLTE) with Simultaneous Voice & Data Out (SVDO), so if it's not one of them, then it's likely that the Lollipop update can be ported over pretty easily.

LG G4
LG Lancet
iPhone 6
iPhone 6 Plus
Galaxy S6
Galaxy S6 Edge
Droid Turbo
Galaxy S5
Oppon One M8
Galaxy Note 4
Galaxy Note Edge
LG G3
Google Nexux 6
LG G2
Droid MAXX
Galaxy Core Prime
Droid Mini

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah..I think the vzw s4 is on 5.x.x

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just my two cents worth, but folks have been hammering Moto about this on their forum for weeks. But, in the past they were constantly beat up for not selling enough phones overseas and not supporting the global community for the phones they did sell globally. Along comes the Moto E and Moto G and boom.....millions of units sold globally.....they were a big success. Now they are focusing updates where they have the most market, and now getting beat up at home by Moto X, Droid Maxx and Droid Turbo owners. Sometimes you just can't win for losing.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
U

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Just my two cents worth, but folks have been hammering Moto about this on their forum for weeks. But, in the past they were constantly beat up for not selling enough phones overseas and not supporting the global community for the phones they did sell globally. Along comes the Moto E and Moto G and boom.....millions of units sold globally.....they were a big success. Now they are focusing updates where they have the most market, and now getting beat up at home by Moto X, Droid Maxx and Droid Turbo owners. Sometimes you just can't win for losing.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
U
I can see that as a possibility.. But with the contract with vzw, and all the quick update talk, and releasing a phone that was crippled (voice and data) and most people...including me..didn't even know that..I expected the phone to be able to everything the maxx could and more..

And now sand bagging with information.. They're going to get all sorts of negative reactions..

Would vzw give you 7 months to do anything? I can tell you that if vzw finds an issue with a tower..if they're leasing space..they expect quick response..other than weather stopping climbers...it had better be immediate...

But they seem to carry the ...we're us and you're you, mentality..

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I wouldn't say all sorts of negative reaction. Think about it... We're really in the minority that even know lollipop is coming to this thing. Vzw knows this and Motorola knows this. In the end they aren't concerned with the ramblings of a few nerds on some forums.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I wouldn't say all sorts of negative reaction. Think about it... We're really in the minority that even know lollipop is coming to this thing. Vzw knows this and Motorola knows this. In the end they aren't concerned with the ramblings of a few nerds on some forums.
Well..the number of that few nerds is up exponentially.. But of those people...lots of em are not happy .

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Also..for a company with a market share like moto...I'd be doing all I could to keep repeat buyers...those nerds buy their phones..those nerds when ticked...will buy someone else's phone...suddenly the noise of nerds...means a little more

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I see what you mean...but we don't know the actual percentages or the real issues with the update. Could be something simple or big that's held things up. But I'll take a good solid update over one pushed through just to get it out.