Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Maybe VZW will launch an update soon to remove it. lol

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
It has been a non eventful update for me and I was in the soak. Performance wise it is fine and no issues that way. Certain changes they made I don't like and have to live with, but seems that way with every update.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Cool. I was waiting for a non soaker to get it OTA before I talked. It's actually pretty nice. I'm not blown away... didn't expect to be. But... yea, it's running really great. I had one minor issue that was reported by a few people. First boot it kept telling me I had to update Google Play Services. Click the link to do that and it would go to the Store and the only options were OPEN \ DEACTIVATE. Like 5 times this happened. That resolved quickly. Checked for normal app updates in Play and it said "LOGIN AGAIN"... hit Retry. That was it.
Not one other issue for me. Signal seems better. Wifi handoff seems better. Battery life a tiny bit.
Overall complaints were minimal and praise was plentiful in the private forums.
I think people are going to be pretty happy with this.

///edit// oh, and for gods sake don't ask how to CHOP the FLASHLIGHT. I cannot believe how many people said it wasn't working but they just weren't doing it right.
How are you supposed to chop the flashlight..we're here to help everyone...remember.. Not just those in the know..i bet there are several people with their moto actions turned off..so the feature wouldn't work..and they wouldn't know...without asking..just saying..lol

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
OK, you want to go there?
A) its Monkey simple. A term my friends and I use when something is so simple, a monkey could do it.
B) the soak forum was full of people "Chop to Flash didn't work". 3 posts later... " Never mind... Wasn't doing it hard enough! "
C) Moto nailed it. Even if you don't have Moto actions on, the first time you click Flashlight in Quick Settings a message pops up "we have a new feature to turn on your light, click here!" And it takes you to Moto actions.

So again, I say: don't ask.

TapaTurbo

Hodor

Reaction score
Not a big fan of the new Bluetooth icon, harder to tell from a distance if its enabled, and don't like the transparency on the Google search bar being increased, (but I can remove that), otherwise so far so good....

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I actually like the new BT icon. If not enabled it disappears.

TapaTurbo

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
OK, you want to go there?
A) its Monkey simple. A term my friends and I use when something is so simple, a monkey could do it.
B) the soak forum was full of people "Chop to Flash didn't work". 3 posts later... " Never mind... Wasn't doing it hard enough! "
C) Moto nailed it. Even if you don't have Moto actions on, the first time you click Flashlight in Quick Settings a message pops up "we have a new feature to turn on your light, click here!" And it takes you to Moto actions.

So again, I say: don't ask.

TapaTurbo
Actually it didn't do that on mine..because i have it all disabled..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Baaaaahahahahahahahaha.. I turned it on to try it out..i don't like it..not to mention.. I carry a tiny little flashlight that can blind you from 10 yards away..so i don't need it ..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I got a tempered glass screen protector and a red and black otterbox commuter on my turbo...its good to go till October..

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
LOL. Are you a flashlight nerd? I know one of them. Hangs out on flashlight forums (yes, that's a "thing") and talks about lumens.

TapaTurbo

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
LOL. Are you a flashlight nerd? I know one of them. Hangs out on flashlight forums (yes, that's a "thing") and talks about lumens.

TapaTurbo
Lmao..no..my son got it for me after hurricane ike..

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
OK. You passed the test. If you were a flashlight nerd you would have replied
"Lumens? Nah, it's CANDELPOWER BRAH!" :D