Is an app killer and anti virus needed?

maderschramm

Reaction score
Idk, I find task killers useful...if an app ishanging I can kill it in 2 button presses rather than going all the way through the settings menu....

Horch it

Reaction score
anti virus is not needed untill you get your first virus and that MAY never happen

I would use caution with that last statement. If you have rooted your phone you may be more vulnerable to malware requesting su access. Just because it's Linux, doesn't always mean safe. Leave it all up to your best judgement.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

For the record, I'm not rooted and I use Lookout :) The only time I notice a slight lag is when I download an update, othewise, it's seamless.

SethBiggs

Reaction score
I use lookout as well but mostly just for the ability to locate my phone. Misplaced it the other day and went into full blown panic mode lol. Doesn't seem to slow anything down though updates lag a little while it scans but its not bad

Sent from my DROID2

cb7junkie

Reaction score
I use lookout as well, does anyone know for a fact that it slows down your phone?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Idk, I find task killers useful...if an app ishanging I can kill it in 2 button presses rather than going all the way through the settings menu....

You know you can create a shortcut to android's built in task manager by long-press, shortcuts, settings, manage applications...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk