Iphone like antenna problem!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sectime

Reaction score
The post was to show that the X does lose signal if held in a certain manner. Should have titled it differently. I am a charred hulk right now.
Clearly needs more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If I wrap my head and phone with tinfoil I can't see anything

tj1772

Reaction score
I'm not too concern about antenna. My only concern is dropped calls. I have my phone since Friday. I have yet to drop a call. A couple of calls were over an hour. That's all I care. To me no comparison.

ninjabox

Reaction score
This is stupid.

It's a phone. It has an antenna. It needs a way to get service.

It's not designed to be held upside down, backwards, in your left hand, but up to your right ear. Just be normal and hold it like a phone should be and you won't have a problem.

The iphone 4 is another story.....

Immolate

Reaction score
This Just In: The newly released Motorola Droid X from Verizon is subject to the laws of physics! We talked to Emma Dinkins of Gary Indiana who said that her Droid X sometimes fell to the ground when she simply removed her hand from it. "I can't keep a phone that gets all banged up just doing what I normally do," the long-time Verizon customer said. She said she plans to return the phone and sign on with AT&T for the new iFun4. When asked about possible antenna problems, Ms. Dinkins responded by frothing at the mouth and screaming spit-flecked obscenities at this reporter. We noticed a shady character with bad hair and an Apple Inc. name tag lurking outside Ms. Dinkin's house as we fled, where she lives with her husband Roy and forty-two cats.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This Just In: The newly released Motorola Droid X from Verizon is subject to the laws of physics! We talked to Emma Dinkins of Gary Indiana who said that her Droid X sometimes fell to the ground when she simply removed her hand from it. "I can't keep a phone that gets all banged up just doing what I normally do," the long-time Verizon customer said. She said she plans to return the phone and sign on with AT&T for the new iFun4. When asked about possible antenna problems, Ms. Dinkins responded by frothing at the mouth and screaming spit-flecked obscenities at this reporter. We noticed a shady character with bad hair and an Apple Inc. name tag lurking outside Ms. Dinkin's house as we fled, where she lives with her husband Roy and forty-two cats.

Hey man. Your post was funny until you got to the 42 cats. Is there something wrong with living with 42 cats? :D

Reaction score
A couple of things:

• The original poster needs to edit the post and remove the "iPhone" from the Title... this is NOT anything like the iPhone 4 issue. The iPhone 4's antenna is designed poorly on the outside edge of the phone AND the problem exists for anyone that holds the iPhone 4 in a NORMAL fashion. The Droid X put their antenna at the top of the phone (where almost no one I know holds the phone normally), and it is also placed inside the phone itself.
  • If the signal does, in fact, weaken when held in a certain way, this kind of proves my point that the iPhone 4 issues are at least in part due to the carrier. Perhaps if the iPhone 4 was on Verizon's network, the signal would weaken, however not weaken so much that it drops calls and/or data connectivity.

fishstick600

Reaction score
this is a known issue and has been discussed by moto.. the use of a case eliminates this problem from what i hear.. apparently it has to do with skin to phone contact that causes the issue.. but good news is you have to fully encompass the top portion of your phone

Status
Not open for further replies.