Invalid Server Cetificate again

weinerjm

Reaction score
I just switched from the Original Drois to the Bionic. I'm getting "Invalid Server Cetificate" intermitently. Ihave SSl checked and verify cert unchecked (tried it both ways) This is Corp mail to Exchange 2007. Any ideas?

finprof

Reaction score
Invalid Server Certificate

I was having the same problem, exactly the same attempts to fix it. It seems to be an issue of weak signal. I have poor connectivity in my office, but when I move outside where the signal is good, the "Invalid Server Certificate" warning disappears. When the warning is showing, new emails don't appear, but as soon as the message disappears I get new mail.

I just switched from the Original Drois to the Bionic. I'm getting "Invalid Server Cetificate" intermitently. Ihave SSl checked and verify cert unchecked (tried it both ways) This is Corp mail to Exchange 2007. Any ideas?

nitrap

Reaction score
I had this problem as well. Turns out that my company's Exchange ActiveSync server is not accessible from my company's internal network (go figure). So when I would turn WiFi on upon arriving at the office (using Tasker), I was unwittingly shutting myself off from Exchange. Turning off WiFi solved the problem. 100% repeatable, 100% fixable. Doesn't make much difference really, since I have email on my laptop anyway, but I'm not always at my desk, and that "Invalid Server..." error message was annoying.

Don't know if this matches your situation, but thought it might help.

OP
W

weinerjm

Reaction score
I had my Bionic set to 3G. If Iset it to 4G, the problem goes away. I thought leaving it on 3G only gave better battery life?

nitrap

Reaction score
I had my Bionic set to 3G. If Iset it to 4G, the problem goes away. I thought leaving it on 3G only gave better battery life?

weinerjm, there are a lot of people in my office running ActiveSync over 3G, so 4G certainly isn't a requirement. I can't imagine that ActiveSync takes much bandwidth, and it mostly runs in the background (depending on your settings), so I would guess that ANY data connection would be sufficient.

So, if yours works on 4G and not 3G, that is a real problem that should be resolvable. Unfortunately, you will need someone smarter than I am to help you out.

bentleyda

Reaction score
I get the same problem. Certificate errors on exchange when on 3g but not on 4g.