invalid package when updating applications

neckbreak

Reaction score
Whenever I have updates for apps, sometimes when the app is updating it'll stop and say package is invalid and it won't update the app. Anyone else having this issue?? It just started doing it about a week ago.

Droid please

nikkid

Reaction score
I have the S3 and I am getting the same response when an automatic update tries on the Sumsung Link. Any ideas????

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
There are a few reasons for this, (that I found the hard way). One would be if the app had been side loaded but the most common is 2 apps I have that came from Google but appear in the Amazon update list. In one case I had the free version of an app from Google but they had a special on the license from Amazon. Now the system is/was permanently confused. I finally uninstalled the Google version of the free part and installed it from Amazon. The apps have different signatures depending on the source and results in an invalid package error. Hope this helps.

SelkirkRanch

Reaction score
Invalid Package File

Whenever I have updates for apps, sometimes when the app is updating it'll stop and say package is invalid and it won't update the app. Anyone else having this issue?? It just started doing it about a week ago.

Droid please

This error seems to be happening to a huge number of people recently. It appears to be an Android OS problem related to keeping track of the downloaded app updates. You can go to apps and select Google Play. Clear the data and cache and try again to update. This seems to work only some of the time and possibly not for a long string of updates. The other remedies I have tried do not work any better. I think, however this is treating the symptom, not the actual problem.