Introduction

tomwoolston

Reaction score
Greetings All,
My name is Tom, 56 yrs young with 35 years in electronics engineering automation design and programming from aerospace to solar engineering and optical fiber. Actually this is my 6th smart phone starting at Palm TREO 600, 650, 700, Samsung Omnia, Omnia II and now DROID X.

I followed most of the forums on those platforms. Programming is a hobby I enjoy and with hardware design it's kinda like a working jigsaw puzzle that actually does something useful or fun when your done figuring it all out.
I generated several apps for field test equipment when the PDA's were first popular. Most service people were tech savvy enough to have one and the hardware interface with software turned it into a working digital multimeter, O-Scope, Power line monitor.
Companies line Tektronix liked it and then started making their own.

I skipped to DROID X instead of the Samsung FACINATE for the full 8 gb memory and 512 program space and 8 mp camera as opposed to the 2 GB on board ram, etc.

I want to do some serious development with the DROID X.

First things frist, I need to ROOT my device!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome to the forums Tomwoolston....

Great to have you here.

Enjoy!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad you joined us. Check out the hacking section as well as the other sections for the X in the forum.

Mike