introduction/Rhapsody

valpsych2007

Reaction score
Hi. I am new to this forum. Have had my Motorola Droid for a few months and love it. Having problems, though, with Rhapsody music.

I subscribe to Rhapsody To Go and can download music to other mp3 players and the Droid. Usually it is ok, but sometimes it force closes. I added it to Froyo task killer ignore list and unchecked the box for bluetooth controls in an effort to resolve the problem. When I am listening to a playlist and then open Navigation, usually it's fine at first until I have changed destinations a few times (I'm a cab driver). Then it will either force close or just disappear when I go to the Navigation screen (it seems to multitask ok if if I run Navigation but just use it in the notifications drop-down box). But sometimes it's ok switching back and forth from Navigation. Not just Navigation either but other apps like Jorte calendar. And sometimes when I use voice dialer on Navigation or phone call, Rhapsody plays but is mute until I reset everything.

Seems to be particularly bad if I am using Rhapsody Radio or playlists that I haven't downloaded.

Wondering if there is a conflict with voice dialer, if it's a streaming issue or what and if changing phone settings might resolve it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forum!! glad you found us, and i hope you stick around. tons of info in here, and plenty of people willing to help. jump in, get involved, and join in the fun!

as for your specific question, i am unfamiliar with Rhapsody. but, what i will suggest is that you get rid of ANY task killer you have on your phone. they are unnecessary on Android devices, and actually create problems. if you still have issues after uninstalling your task killer (and rebooting phone), don't hesitate to post back. good luck!

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
OP
V

valpsych2007

Reaction score
Rhapsody problem

Thanks, Huskerkate and and CJM. I think that worked. When I bought the phone, the authorized Verizon dealer downloaded Froyo task killer, and I assumed it was necessary. Things seem fine without it.

This forum is awesome. Thanks!

Val

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear that Verizon pushed a task killer on you but as you have seen they cause more problems than they are worth. Glad you got rid of it. The rest of your droid experience should be more enjoyable now!!.