Introducing AndroidOnly.net - Like Digg for Android!

J

JohnDroid

Are you a hardcore Android fanatic with an insatiable appetite for constant Android news? We've got the perfect site for you. We've just put up the AndroidOnly.net Android News site. It's a site made to be similar to Digg. If you are not familiar, let me tell you a bit about it. AndroidOnly.net is a social news site. Which means that not only can you submit news to the site but you can also vote positive or negative on existing articles and submissions and actually help create the news. The entire community decides what is news worthy and what isn't. We've got categories set up such as: Android News, Phone News, App News, Games News, ROM Releases, Theme Releases, Tablet News and just general Google related news as well.

The social features are pretty well integrated as well. For example, if a particular user seems to always post items that you find interesting you can follow them. Want to be sure that you get each and every release from your favorite ROM developer or Themer? Well if they are posting up their creations on AndroidOnly.net you can follow them and be sure to get notified about any new releases they have. We need the community's help to not only post news but to tell your friends to sign up so that we can make sure that everyone can take part.

We hope that everyone finds the site useful. Please feel free to register and start posting and voting as often as possible with news that you find worthy! To register you can click on the following link: Register at AndroidOnly.net

To visit, simply click here: Android News & Social Community

yourhero88

Reaction score
If you're looking to drive traffic, you may want to rephrase that title. Have you seen Digg lately? :p

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Nice looking site to boot John...nice job!!!!!

OP
J

JohnDroid

If you're looking to drive traffic, you may want to rephrase that title. Have you seen Digg lately? :p

Yah, I know people seem to be leaving Digg in mass exodus but more people still know the Digg name/style then Reddit so I figured it'd be easier for people to visualize it.

Nice looking site to boot John...nice job!!!!!

Thanks CK!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Frankly, I'm excited. I check droidforums all the time during my work day. Life of a computer tech can get dull at times. These past couple of days have been rather slow on the home page. Hope the site gets lots of traffic.

OP
J

JohnDroid

Frankly, I'm excited. I check droidforums all the time during my work day. Life of a computer tech can get dull at times. These past couple of days have been rather slow on the home page. Hope the site gets lots of traffic.

There's one way to help out: Submit news and vote on others. There are probably a thousand things a day that happen in the Android world that are interesting. Now we have a place to post everything.

We just need more people to participate.

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
when the widget for rss feed updates coming!!!!??? :)

levelm

Reaction score
Just looks like a way to make other people do the work without them getting paid. Great job. You should focus on driving traffic with originality not a copy and paste fest of thievery.:icon_evil:

JollyRoger

Reaction score
I would like to register, but I have tried a number of times and keep getting a "Problem Loading Page" error. Says the server is taking too long to respond. Is it just busy or am I doing something wrong? I just click the embedded link in the article.

OP
J

JohnDroid

when the widget for rss feed updates coming!!!!??? :)

I will work on that... But I did want to remind people that stories in the upcoming area need to be voted on or they won't hit the front page:

Upcoming | AndroidOnly.net

I would like to register, but I have tried a number of times and keep getting a "Problem Loading Page" error. Says the server is taking too long to respond. Is it just busy or am I doing something wrong? I just click the embedded link in the article.

We have about 150 registered members, I'm not sure why you are getting an error. Try going to the main page and clicking the register button, see if you still get the same error?

Just looks like a way to make other people do the work without them getting paid. Great job. You should focus on driving traffic with originality not a copy and paste fest of thievery.:icon_evil:

I guess I don't really understand where your coming from. The idea of an all encompassing site where members get to pick what kind of news gets featured is a good idea to me. Oh well, different strokes for different folks.