Intro - Droid X user in search of outbound email help

eventreps1

Reaction score
I love this thing, but the email support for my work email is horrific. I can receive mail fine and view sent mail (from my work computer) fine
-- but I can't send email from my work email address. We're a small firm with just 8 people and use Exchange 2003. I've never found setting up email on iPhone, BlackBerry, webmail, etc. to be difficult, but have now spent nearly 2 days setting up email on my (otherwise awesome) device. Any suggestions???? dancedroid

dmp135

Reaction score
I love this thing, but the email support for my work email is horrific. I can receive mail fine and view sent mail (from my work computer) fine
-- but I can't send email from my work email address. We're a small firm with just 8 people and use Exchange 2003. I've never found setting up email on iPhone, BlackBerry, webmail, etc. to be difficult, but have now spent nearly 2 days setting up email on my (otherwise awesome) device. Any suggestions???? dancedroid
I use a pop3 setup and found that my port for smtp had to be set to 587 vs 25. First time I ever had to do that but it worked like a charm.

Dorothy

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
The update will have better exchange support. Until then there's touchdown and k9 from the market.