Internet / browser uninstalled / deleted itself, please help

celine

Reaction score
i got an htc droid incredible 2 phone about a week ago, and today, when i clicked the "internet" button, it said something along the lines of "this link no longer works because it is no longer installed". however, i didn't uninstall or delete it! i also didn't update to gingerbread or whatever; i haven't done anything except kinda familiarize and explore the features of the phone. now, i can't go on the internet or "google search" or the "talk" anymore. the internet icon is still there; it just says i have uninstalled it.

HELP WHAT DO I DO ?! CAN I GET INTERNET BACK?
i am not a techie.
could anyone please explain really thoroughly what to do to get the browser back ?
please and thank you :)

nikecar

Reaction score
Did you move it to the SD card?

Did you restart the phone?

If you click the personilaze button, go to apps, the look for "Internet". Click to replace it on home page.

One of those should do it. If not, go to market and download the dolphin browser. Better than stock.

Do you have mobile data on?

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

mmacready

Reaction score
I'm having the same exact issue. It seems as if it was uninstalled somehow as it is nowhere to be found on the phone. Where might I find the "stock" browser?

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Likely if you go under Settings>Privacy and do a Factory Data Reset it will fix the issue. I only recommend this as you've just gotten your phone and I doubt you've done much to it. Very odd that it would just disappear like that, however.