International wifi issues

ita2464

Reaction score
I got my Droid 2 Global because I sometimes travel out of the US and so I was looking forward to my first trip to try it out. I am currently in Germany and am unable to get the wifi to work at all. There is free wifi at my hotel, which works just fine on my laptop. The phone is connecting to the wifi just fine, with a good signal, but it will not transfer any data at all. I called Verizon tech support and of course they walked me through all of the settings which I had already checked and they have no idea why the connection is good but there is no data transfer. They said to bring the phone in to the store when I get back. Duh. It works just fine in the US- never had a problem. Of course, I have unlimited data in the US so don't need wifi much. Please help. I am here for ten days and have no e-mail or web on my phone unless I want to mortgage my house and pay for the roaming data charges. Does wifi work outside the US?

OP
I

ita2464

Reaction score
I definitely think it is something with the setting at the hotel, because I did get the wifi to work at my office. i tired everything except replacing the SIM since I can't do that until I get back. I read on another post that you can change advanced settings in the Droid X for wifi, but I can't find anywhere to do that in the Global 2. Does anyone know if I can change the channel in this model? Also had Skype mobile, which didn't work with wifi, so I downloaded Skype regular app to the phone and can't get that to work even when the wifi does connect at my office.