Internal vs external memory for he videos

Snow02

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with it being anime. It has everything to do with how the files are encoded. The audio codec used can also cause problems as you've seen. The answer is still the same either way - re-encode them. They'll work great. It's not that big of a deal. Would it be nice if you didn't have to? Sure. But you just have to deal with what you have. No other phone is going to be any different in this respect.

Dvd catalyst makes an excellent conversion program with several preset profiles for different devices. You can even email the developer and he'll help you find the best settings.

OP
D

densetsu86

Reaction score
dude you don't need to tell me how anything is done. i have been an encoder for anime fansubs i understand file containers, video codecs, audio codecs, vfr, cf,r soft subs hard subs, codec profiles.

its hardware and software thats holding phones back. 1ghz dcp can play anything as long as it has the proper ram, vram, and os. froyo no matter how much people want to try and optimize for dcp is not meant to run one fully thats why just swiping through screens with or without v6supercharger has my cpu going to max usage.

hopefully once gingerbread comes out or better yet icecream then 720p h264 will be playable. an non-optimized proper os will never run a dcp right. hell maybe a 1ghz can't no matter how much correct os is done. but maybe a 1.5ghz or ka-el can.

i have hd versions and non hd versions of anime and i know where to get them so i don't have to do it myself. hell if i wasn't be lazy and had more time i could convert all those 720p h264 into 720p xvid.

but that was not the goal of this topic. the goal was to see if i could get 720p mkv to play properly. i only intend to back down when all is exhausted. and as far as i can see moboplayer is only getting better after time and hopefully dev will see this and try to see if they can get it to work.

true progress happens only from failure and seeing if something can be done. if you do not what to look for you'll never think about it.

vvildcard

Reaction score
Glad to hear SuperCharger improved general performance... but that still sucks that it's not fixing the video issues.

is it possible to run v6supercharger and noop at the same time?

Yes... this wouldn't be a problem at all.

OP
D

densetsu86

Reaction score
Ok I have an update. Last night I updated my droidx2 to pre-rooted gingerbread and today I redownloaded moboplayer and the video codec and supercharged my phone (I think its supercharged it didn't give me an error but its not showing my mins free so im not too sure) and I have noop also on (also looks weird as some lines of code are.missing when there was about 6 or more lines of code that had noop now only 2 are there kinda odd) but with this my video player can final play that one damn file. I have to be on hardware playback so I only need to do is extract the subs but its now watchable. There are some issues but whereas before it was completely unwatchable its now much more.stable. some frames skip but that's when there's a lot going on screen but the audio stays with it the entire time and 95% of the time I get 20-24fps persec again it falls only when there's a lot going on but it is very tolerable.

Got to say it was froyo not being optimized correctly enough for dual core. And since icecream sandwich is supposed to be even more optimized for dual core then gingerbread I can't wait.

Very pleased.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums