Internal Storage

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
I'm digging up this thread, but I can't seem to get my laptop to recognize the phone when I plug it in. I have HTC Sync installed and it won't recognize it. I've tried connecting it when it's off, when it locks up at the white screen, and when it's in recovery. Any suggestions?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Are you using the OEM usb cable? I had some issues if I wasn't using the OEM cable.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
make sure you have USB debugging enabled...otherwise, uninstall and re-install HTC Sync...all I got

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Yeah, I can't boot the phone to make any changes, but I'm sure it was enabled to begin with.

Sent from my HTC One M8

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't boot the phone to make any changes, but I'm sure it was enabled to begin with.

Sent from my HTC One M8

You should still be able to boot into fastboot and then run an RUU exe.

Otherwise, you said you can get into recovery. So put your SD into your computer and copy a rom to it, then put it into the Rezound and you should be able to flash the rom from Recovery.

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Great idea. Thank you. Glad I bought a micro SD reader.

Sent from my HTC One M8

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I feel stupid, but how do I extract the .zip from the .exe?

There's no zip to extract from the .exe. There are a couple of versions of RUU out there, one is the .exe which probably the best for a true factory reset. But if the .exe doesn't work because your computer doesn't recognize the Rezound, then head over to XDA and download a custom rom OR you can find zip files of the RUU/OTA. But I'd say flashing a custom rom is your best bet.

Here's a link that might help. Note if you aren't S-Off it says you need to re-lock your bootloader from Fastboot first (that could be why you aren't able to run the .exe). Also, this method is NOT a zip to flash in recovery, but one to that runs from Fastboot.
[Exclusive Download] Full RUU Build 4.03.605.2 For The HTC Rezound

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
I tried the method in your link, and got a message that the main version was older-update failed.

Sent from my HTC One M8

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
I'm at a loss. I've tried several RUUs (and renamed them correctly on the SD card, but I keep getting the "Main Version Older/Update Failed!" message.

acejavelin

Reaction score
I'm at a loss. I've tried several RUUs (and renamed them correctly on the SD card, but I keep getting the "Main Version Older/Update Failed!" message.
you must have been on the latest OTA... unfortunately there is no RUU available that will work. You must unlock the boot loader and it get the phone booting with a custom ROM so you can S-Off, then you can RUU.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
you must have been on the latest OTA... unfortunately there is no RUU available that will work. You must unlock the boot loader and it get the phone booting with a custom ROM so you can S-Off, then you can RUU.

So without being able to connect to a pc, it looks like I'm stuck.

Sent from my HTC One M8

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Windows XP/Vista/7 or Linux required... sorry.

I have Windows 7, but can't seem to get it to recognize the rezound. I tried HTC sync with no luck. That's why I was trying to load from sd.

Sent from my HTC One M8