Internal Storage Memory is low?!

Greg1234

Reaction score
What should be the optimum internal storage memory for HTC Eris after OTA? I try to kill apps, delete "running apps" when not in use, turn off GPS and delete cache but still have only about 30mb internal storage memory?! I know Moto Droid has ALOT more mb but I can't believe there is THAT much difference.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What should be the optimum internal storage memory for HTC Eris after OTA? I try to kill apps, delete "running apps" when not in use, turn off GPS and delete cache but still have only about 30mb internal storage memory?! I know Moto Droid has ALOT more mb but I can't believe there is THAT much difference.

Killing apps shouldn't make a dent in your storage usage. I've run into this a couple times on my droid and just go and remove apps I don't use or need anymore. Google Earth was one of the first to go, its huge compared to the others.

bje1982

Reaction score

Internal memory is used for apps storage and killing apps only frees RAM memory not internal storage. In order to free internal storage you would have to delete apps that you dont use.

OP
G

Greg1234

Reaction score
Internal storage memory issue

Internal memory is used for apps storage and killing apps only frees RAM memory not internal storage. In order to free internal storage you would have to delete apps that you dont use.

=========================
I have deleted apps that I don't use but doesn't seem to have a significant impact. What is the starting amount of internal storage memory mb? My biggest app is Docs To Go with 7.4 mb but most others are much lower.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have deleted apps that I don't use but doesn't seem to have a significant impact. What is the starting amount of internal storage memory mb? My biggest app is Docs To Go with 7.4 mb but most others are much lower.

256 mb of Internal Storage Memory is what you start with.

bje1982

Reaction score

It has 512mb of Rom memory but only a portion of that is available for the useer and I dont know off hand how much just google it.. http://www.htc.com/us/products/droid-eris-verizon#tech-specs or look here.

Try deleting any "home" appss that you dont usse that usually helps.

Also are you rooted?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It has 512mb of Rom memory but only a portion of that is available for the useer and I dont know off hand how much just google it.. HTC Mobile Phones - DROID ERIS Verizon - Overview or look here.

Also are you rooted?

I googled too. I got 256 which just happens to be half the amount you got.

fentos

Reaction score

Can you tell me how to do this? I'm new to the phone, but would love to delete apps that open up all time that I don't use such as Amazon MP3 Store and such.

Thanks in advance!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Can you tell me how to do this? I'm new to the phone, but would love to delete apps that open up all time that I don't use such as Amazon MP3 Store and such.

Thanks in advance!

You require root to delete native apps.

droiduser1595

Reaction score
From home screen: settings--applications--manage applications

then click the little menu button with the lines and click "filter," select "all," and then click meny button again and "sort by size."

I bet you have the same problem everyone else does, do you send/receive a lot of MMS/SMS with pictures attached and then leave them in your messages? Check the size of your "DIALER STORAGE" and let us know what it is. DO NOT just go in and delete all your texts to free it up, I did that and it didn't work. If you go into each text message string and selectively delete the picture messages you can free up space. My dialer storage is at 42.75MB and I have no call logs, no texts, and it still won't go down. Likely requires a hard reset which I'm not inclined to do.

OP
G

Greg1234

Reaction score
Spoke to VZ store rep and he agreed the only way (for non-root user) is to delete apps not regularly used. BUT he showed me a trick! First back up apps on Astro (or similar file manager). Then when you delete the app, you can easily re-install when needed from Astro versus having to go back to search Market. I'm now up to mid-40s mb! He also said that personal pictures as wallpaper uses internal memory storage (and emails with large attachments, undeleted messages, etc.). I think with proper "phone management" I can keep the phone running pretty quick!