Interesting battery consumption

sudermatt

Reaction score
I was on ZS but was frustrated with the random bootloops, so I thought I'd try Liberty. I've always liked JR's work.

it installed fine and started syncing my apps with google. I have a LOT of crap, so it was taking a while. Then my phone just shut off. I had the cable in the whole time but my battery was still draining.

weird. anyone else have this trouble?

Edit : after sitting black while connected to my computer for 20 minutes, i still cannot turn it on. The white "charge" led is on...but nobody is home.

Last edited:

chaaaad

Reaction score
Plug it in to a wall charger. USB doesn't charge as fast.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
S

sudermatt

Reaction score
As fast...there's an understatement....I still can't use my phone.

Word to the wise people....MAKE SURE YOU'RE CONNECTED TO A WALL CHARGER!

I just have to wait till I get home from work I guess.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that most of the people, who have been doing this for awhile, would know you're suppose to have a full battery charge before doing anything major to your phone. If you refuse to do it on a full charge (or nearly full charged), well then prepare to come into problems.

OP
S

sudermatt

Reaction score
Depending on how many apps are in google associated with the phone....

I had a full battery...and connected to a computer...I ran out of battery while all my apps were coming down.

I also just noticed a very unfortunate side effect. Google Market thinks its done downloading everything (finally). But the tray doesn't...after everything was done according to the market. I rebooted my phone. when the phone came back up, I had all these downloading symbols in my tray. So I pulled it down to find 6 of each of the last 4 programs are being downloaded....

6 google maps
6 adobe airs
6 NIV Bibles
6 google earths

this totally sucks. I'm not blaming the ROM. I'm just warning people....

CONNECT TO A WALL CHARGER UNTIL ALL YOUR APPS ARE DOWNLOADED AND INSTALLED!

Last edited:

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I have over 180 apps plus data restoring and that takes awhile to restore and I've never had issues restoring it all on a good battery charge or even hooked up.

OP
S

sudermatt

Reaction score
Thank you.

it's quite frustrating...these apps are big.

6 mgs, 9 mgs, 25 megs, 5 megs,

downloading 6 times each....

you can imagine the frustration...

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would never use a usb charge. Always in the wall. Don't worry about the repetitive installs. It will work out. It's just annoying. Swagger is right. Most people know to use the wall charge. I'm not obsessive, but when I'm playing with my expensive phone, i make sure I'm taking all precautions. First thing I always do to be safe is check the reboot in safe mode (liberty settings). That way I know I'll always boot into clockwork Juuust in case. Its saved my arse a bunch of times.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8-DroidForums addict

Last edited:

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Another thing to keep in mind that you may want to do is see if the Market is reinstalling all apps at once. It doesn't seem to have a limit to how many get downloaded/installed/reinstalled. When you have a lot of them getting downloaded/installing/reinstalling at once, that really slows your phone down big time. Not to forget to mention all those apps are trying to squeeze in together download and reinstall from the Google server. The more apps going at once, the quicker it drains your battery and the more resource it is pulling from the server and from your phone connection.

So, try to limit the amount of apps being reinstalled. I go with 6 as max.

As ldopa said too, safe mode is a good choice and also using a wall charger to keep the battery from dying out so quick.