Integrated clock / alarm / timer / stopwatch?

alex1moss7

Reaction score
I'm a mostly happy Moto Droid user, looking for better integrated clock app.

Good examples: on both the iPhone clock app, and also on the Incredible clock app, you have on screen selection for clock, worldclock, alarm clock, timer, stopwatch, all w/in same app, you go to 1 place for all these related functions.

Bad: on my Droid, I have one app for alarm clock, another app for timer, another app for stopwatch, ugh. It works, but it's really kludgy.

I see 100s of clock skins in the Marketplace, that's not what I need. I'm looking essentially for a clock app w/ the combined functions like on Incredible, but for my Moto Droid. Suggestions? Thanks.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I use Ultrachron because it has a stopwatch, alarm, and timer on it that talks and notifies you. No it doesn't have a world time, but good enough for me...

OP
A

alex1moss7

Reaction score
Thanks, will check it out -- don't need the world clock myself, it's just part of the other apps I've seen on iPhone & Incredible.

Much obliged.

OP
A

alex1moss7

Reaction score
Now that I look at it, I think UltraChron is very nice, but not what I'm looking for. It's really a timer & stopwatch, which is good. I'm looking for a clock app that also includes an alarm clock (not just alarm on the timer / stopwatch), and also has a timer and stopwatch integrated into the same app. This is what iPhone has, and what Droid Incredible has. I'm looking for a comparable app for Droid. I don't see Ultrachron as doing all those thing, am I missing it? Thanks.

iPirate

Reaction score
Clock and alarm are built in, why would someone make another app just like that?

stop watch app can be found easily. I'm not understanding why you seem to want them all in 1 app?

OP
A

alex1moss7

Reaction score
Clock and alarm are built in, why would someone make another app just like that?

stop watch app can be found easily. I'm not understanding why you seem to want them all in 1 app?

Simplest reason is screen real estate. Now, I have 3 icons, 1 for alarm clock, 2nd for timer, 3rd for stopwatch. I'm looking for a single clock app that has 'em all, so I can have 1 clock icon on home screen.

Related is that it's just easier to have all these "time" related apps in one place. It must have some attraction for someone, iPhone and Incredible have it, only Droid is missing. I'm not in favor of blindly copying what others do, but when it's simpler and better, I'm for it. That may not be compelling to others, but it is to me.

iPirate

Reaction score

Simplest reason is screen real estate. Now, I have 3 icons, 1 for alarm clock, 2nd for timer, 3rd for stopwatch. I'm looking for a single clock app that has 'em all, so I can have 1 clock icon on home screen.

Related is that it's just easier to have all these "time" related apps in one place. It must have some attraction for someone, iPhone and Incredible have it, only Droid is missing. I'm not in favor of blindly copying what others do, but when it's simpler and better, I'm for it. That may not be compelling to others, but it is to me.
makes sense I suppose.

You could reduce it to 2 if you use "Ultimate Stopwatch"

imhensley

Reaction score
You are RIGHT, alex1moss7!!

I agree with you 100%. I am looking all over the place for an all-in-one time function and can't find one. I have one on my iPod and it's MUCH more convenient than having 2 or 3 different apps.

OP
A

alex1moss7

Reaction score
I haven't found just 1, yet. I'm down to 2, similar to iPirate's suggestion -- not ideal but better than 3-4:
1. I use the droid native clock app for clock and alarm clock. It also has (limited) weather and a decent news reader, but there are better apps for both of those functions. And as we know, it has no timer / stopwatch. So...
2. I'm using StopWatch & Timer, which meets my needs in terms of balancing functionality, UI, & simplicity. I also have UltraChron as suggested above, but find it a little less attractive on screen and also too feature rich for my needs -- I suppose that's a good thing, but it gets in the way of ease of use a bit, for my own needs.

Anyway, still hoping someone might port the HTC Incredible or iPhone integrated clock/timer app to plain vanilla droid....

roirraW "edor" ehT

Reaction score
Hi, I'm with you 100%. I have a Droid Eris so with the stock ROM I have this feature, but I love the Froyo-based ROMs made from CyanogenMod, and this is the #1 missing feature for me. I have Weather and Toggle Widget which looks just like the Sense clock and weather on my home screen, and tapping it will take me to whatever alarm app I want, but the default alarm app doesn't have the timer (or stopwatch).

I just found this Alarm Clock Xtreme Alarm Clock Extreme - Android app on AppBrain which has all three in one. There's a free version on the market although apparently the only limitation is that you can't have the alarm repeat daily, but at least it would be nice to try.

I haven't used it yet, but maybe this will help you, too.

Edit: Okay, I don't see the timer or stopwatch, what the heck?

Ah, I see, I chose the wrong one, and apparently there isn't a free version of this one to try. Too bad. Sorry for the false alarm.