Insurance Claim

comk4ver

Reaction score
So I lost my droid x as of twelve hours ago however, I'm curious as to what I'm going to receive. I've called them and supposedly I'm recieving another droid x. However, from what I've read they don't have any more and droid x2 are also EOL. Has anyone made a claim within the last week and what did you get?

Savagerun

Reaction score
Im surprised they are sending you another phone aftter only 12 hrs of losing it. You may get lucky and someone honest will find it and return it to you by tomorrow. Then what? I think i would of waited at least a day just in case. Let us know which phone they send im curious. Good luck...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
No phone company sends a new phone if you lost it. You're gonna get a refurbished Droid x. Don't loose the new one lol.

OP
comk4ver

comk4ver

Reaction score
It's here!

@Savagerun, to be honest I started tracking the phone after six hours and luckily for me it was still in town and still on. However, after searching the area for three hours I decided it was time for some lunch. An hour later I checked the latitude of the phone and saw it was twenty miles and after calling it sent me straight to voicemail so I just panicked since I wouldn't be able to remote swipe it at this point i just called and suspended the line... I really thought I was going to get it back I was about to get my dad to help me find it but after it left the area it was time to give up...

@SupraRZ95 I was confused because others have claimed to receive practically upgrades some have gotten thunderbolts, X2, continiums etc and even others have claimed that they got Xs.

In the end I did receive a Droid X however, I got an 8 gb memory card when I called to see why the rep said that they can't choose what memory card they get since their option is only memory card and not how big. Kinda of a downer. Weird thing though is that the battery came charged at 70% I'm still charging it but when I called the service I had to disconnect the battery to give him the MEID number. Oh well, it's going to be rooted in a bit as soon as it charges and it'll get a battery calibration!

Savagerun

Reaction score
Unfortunately sounds like someone did find it and wasn't planning on returning it. I lost a phone myself about 5yrs ago but it was returned to me within a few hrs. It's nice to have some honest people out there. Good luck with the replacement phone.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll never understand why people steal phones. There are few things in life more useless than a stolen cellphone, unless you are in the market for spare parts.

OP
comk4ver

comk4ver

Reaction score
Most people think phones work like an itoy where if you jailbreak and unlock it you can take it somewhere else... However Verizon isn't like that. Plus, sprint wouldn't take it either. So, mostly it's just uninformed individuals.

jasonD

Reaction score
Just curious, how were you tracking it? How close could you actually get to it with the tracker?

OP
comk4ver

comk4ver

Reaction score
I used three apps actually: plan b from look out out got me within 1036 meters, where's my droid which was the closest at six meters, and latitude... Please note that fire these services to work you need one of two things a computer because plan b is for after you lose phone so you can install the app remotely plus because it sends emails within twenty minutes, where's my droid works within five and sends the location to whatever phone number you texted from eg a friends phone, and latitude you need both a computer and cellphone because most of the time people have the gps off to save battery so with the computer you can approve another person to find you on latitude and them user that persons phone to find it.
I also recommend that you just call the police and let them know that your phone has gps and they can find it faster and can get it from a person also.

jwalz

Reaction score
Another great app to get for future phone is seek droid. Its not free costs a few bucks but is well worth it. Found in the market

GO GIANTS