Installing roms

Stevetx1989

Reaction score
I have rooted my droid 2 via motorola one click root successfully. I used rom manager to download the liquid rom. From what I have gathered rom manager doesn't work very well with this phone. I can not get it to install with rom manager. If I have the rom downloaded onto my phone through rom manager, how would I install using bootstrapper? I can't seem to find the file that was downloaded. Otherwise, it seems pretty easy to install. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you need to install bootstrap... even if using rom manger... because rom manager isn't meant to hijack the recovery like bootstrap... it only replaces the recovery img...
and if you look at the rom page here... it will tell you excatly how... but it's usually clear data/factory reset, clear cache, clear dalvick(under advanced menu) then install...
and the location of the file will be
/sdcard/clockwork/download/

OP
Stevetx1989

Stevetx1989

Reaction score
I had finally figured it out. I got all the way to the point where I was in a boot loop because at that point I had forgotten how to get the advanced menu to clear cache and delvik cache. Thank you very much, though. My buddy finally got home and had it fixed in a few minutes.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums