Installing ROMs?

imp3r10

Reaction score
Is it pretty similar to how it is on the DX?

i have a DX and my friend a Inc.

The way i use it just bootstrap and wipe data/factory reset then install from zip; is this basically what you do for the Inc?

I have her phone rooted but now might get custom ROM on it

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
No idea how to root the DX, but the DInc has plenty of threads. It's sounds like you got it rooted. If so, just stick the ROM zip of your choosing on the SD card and use ROM Manager 2.5.2 (Don't let it update to 3.0.0.7. It will not work on the DInc.) and install. I've got 8 zips on my SD card right now. I've been using the Redemption ROM (see my siggy for a link) for a week now and I just switched over to the Incredibly Re-Engineered ROM last night. So far I love it. One thing to keep in mind, the DInc has an add-on called Sense. If you don't install a ROM that will allow Sense, your friend might not be happy. I know that if I can't get Sense on a ROM, I won't use that ROM.

Last edited:

smtom

Reaction score
Install is similar, but no bootstrap.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

jguffain

Reaction score
No idea how to root the DX, but the DInc has plenty of threads. It's sounds like you got it rooted. If so, just stick the ROM zip of your choosing on the SD card and use ROM Manager 2.5.2 (Don't let it update to 3.0.0.7. It will not work on the DInc.) and install. I've got 8 zips on my SD card right now. I've been using the Redemption ROM (see my siggy for a link) for a week now and I just switched over to the Incredibly Re-Engineered ROM last night. So far I love it. One thing to keep in mind, the DInc has an add-on called Sense. If you don't install a ROM that will allow Sense, your friend might not be happy. I know that if I can't get Sense on a ROM, I won't use that ROM.

So I have made the mistake of letting ROM manager install ClockworkMod 3.0.0.9, low and behold I cannot flash new ROMs. Any suggestions on down rev path for it?

Thanks, J

david14807

Reaction score
Don't let it update to 3.0.0.7. It will not work on the DInc.

Not true, I use 3.0.0.7 and it works fine.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
So I have made the mistake of letting ROM manager install ClockworkMod 3.0.0.9, low and behold I cannot flash new ROMs. Any suggestions on down rev path for it?

Thanks, J

If you are having problems, open ROM Manager and scroll to the bottom.

Select All ClockworkMod Recoveries

Select 2.5.1.2 then select OK.

It should roll back to 2.5.1.2 but say that it is 3.0.0.5 As long as you don't select Flash ClockworkMod Recovery, you'll be fine.The person above me stated that he isn't experiencing problems with 3.0.0.5. Great for him, but I had all kinds of problems with it up to almost being lock out from flashing any ROM.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max

Not true for you., but true for some others. There are plenty of people out there that experienced problems with 3.0.0.5. Maybe it's not a phone thing, but a ROM thing. I think I read somewhere that the update did not work with Sense, which I only run Sense on my phone.

masully1984

Reaction score

Not true for you., but true for some others. There are plenty of people out there that experienced problems with 3.0.0.5. Maybe it's not a phone thing, but a ROM thing. I think I read somewhere that the update did not work with Sense, which I only run Sense on my phone.

It's a ROM thing, it based on scripts that are used

CM7 nightly

jguffain

Reaction score

It's a ROM thing, it based on scripts that are used

CM7 nightly

This is the problem I had with 3.0.0.5, failed to flash the ROM do to a couple scripts failing to run.

Last edited:

BLK

Reaction score
No bootstrap.

Here is a tutorial with details, Flashing ROMs tutorial.
Im not a member over there so Ill ask here. Is the procedure the same if you just download from ROM Manager minus installing it on your SD card? Or is the same but more automated?

And another question. You guys say dont let the ROM manager update to 3.0.0.5, I just rooted my phone on Sunday and installed ROM Manager on Sunday too. I didnt have the choice to use an older version. Just try it anyway or what?

Last edited:

BLK

Reaction score
No bootstrap.

Here is a tutorial with details, Flashing ROMs tutorial.
Im not a member over there so Ill ask here. Is the procedure the same if you just download from ROM Manager minus installing it on your SD card? Or is the same but more automated?

And another question. You guys say dont let the ROM manager update to 3.0.0.5, I just rooted my phone on Sunday and installed ROM Manager on Sunday too. I didnt have the choice to use an older version. Just try it anyway or what?
Never mind figured it out and just did it.