Install STOCK ICS on Spectrum 2?

wghummel

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just got my Spectrum 2 in the mail - to replace my Galaxy Nexus, because I've had that darn thing swapped 6 times, and the Spectrum 2 was the only other device they'd give me.

I know it's stuck on ICS, with no JB (for now), but they've got ICS on here with LG skin's, and bloatware.

If I were to root and put CWM on the device, is there any way I could flash a ROM of pure, clean, stock ICS on it?

mordant80

Reaction score
No, and be careful if you root and try to debloat yourself. It's easy to get a security error and have to reflash stock firmware again if you remove the wrong system app. Development for this phone is pretty non-existent at this point. Hopefully it will pick up sometime, it really is a nice phone otherwise.

OP
W

wghummel

Reaction score
I need to unroot the device. Where can I get a copy of the ROM? :/

micrors4

Reaction score
There is a thread that has all the information for restoring a soft bricked spectrum 2 which will undo the root but you will also lose all your apps and settings so make sure you back it up.

mordant80

Reaction score
Actually for me when I flashed the stock cab it kept all my apps and settings. Looks like it only touches the system partition.

When I deleted the wrong system app and got a security error, flashing the cab took me right back to where I was before the error. It was a pleasant surprise. Of course you could wipe it all if you wanted to or if it causes issues. It did of course wipe out root since that's on the system partition.

mani2263

Reaction score
I installed 2nd init-recovery on my rooted LG Optimus LTE II. After that i tried to restore my apps etc after wiping out my delvick cache & phone cache using an file update.zip.
Now when i restarted the phone it shows

[420] Fastboot mode started
[420] udc_start()

when i attach usb cable, it further shows

[80690] reset
[80690] portchange

and never loads lg device driver. when i restart the phone using key combo to go to phone bootloader. then it loads the driver.
please guide me how to recover my phone????