Instagram not compatible?

cwalter24

Reaction score
I recently wiped my phone and attempted to the install my apps. Instagram is saying incompatible .Anyone seeing this too?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357336522093.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357336522093.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 544
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357336534090.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357336534090.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 537

bohemouth

Reaction score
I recently wiped my phone and attempted to the install my apps. Instagram is saying incompatible .Anyone seeing this too?

Yes, I started a thread on this a while ago. Only one person replied saying they had no problems. When I wiped my phone for the jellybean update, and tried to reimstal onstagram, because it was one of my favorite apps. It said the same thing . My device is no longer compatible with instagram. I don't know why. I thought since I don't have Facebook on my phone anymore that was the problem, because Facebook owns instagram now. I downloaded the Facebook app then tried to download instagram, still no avail. I can't get it back.sounds silly bit I almost went back to ICS to see if I could get it back. I didn't though. Good luck.

OP
C

cwalter24

Reaction score
Dude Thank you so much worked flawlessly.

How did you pull it so fast? Rooted ?

bohemouth

Reaction score
CMJ I used the link for instagram....THANK YOU! it totally works on my phone now, one question...will it update and act like a regular app or should i not update it if it ever needs it. I don't want to lose it again. I really like this, thanks again for you sharing your awesomeness.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
will it update and act like a regular app or should i not update it if it ever needs it.

If it shows up in the Play Store as installed then it should update. If that don't work, I'm sure we can get the updated version posted here too.

djspy

Reaction score
I maybe late to this but I just checked and I can install it on my phone. Maybe the folks at instagram fixed what ever problem was. Just thought I'd let you know.
Screenshot_2013-01-24-23-06-26.png

Deesan

Reaction score
CJM thank you for the link!! It worked perfectly. My wife washed her phone and had to go back to her old Motorola droid x. She kept getting the " your device isn't compatible with this version" message when she tried to install Instagram. I searched everywhere for a fix and nothing worked until I found your post. So again thank you.